How do I make power query look at a new table every time a new sheet Is added

SPS41

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I am new to power query and I have a hopefully easy question.

I have a template which has a table and I have made power query look at it and make changes, thus creating a new sheet with those changes.

Now if I want to add a new sheet which has a table in it just like the template but with a different sheet name, is there a way to make power query also look at the new sheet. Is there some vba code I can use or is there a way to make power query automatically do this?
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!

Excel Facts

Round to nearest half hour?
Use =MROUND(A2,"0:30") to round to nearest half hour. Use =CEILING(A2,"0:30") to round to next half hour.
Hi, I am new to power query and I have a hopefully easy question.

I have a template which has a table and I have made power query look at it and make changes, thus creating a new sheet with those changes.

Now if I want to add a new sheet which has a table in it just like the template but with a different sheet name, is there a way to make power query also look at the new sheet. Is there some vba code I can use or is there a way to make power query automatically do this?
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
Please let me know if any additional data/pictures need to be attached for additional info and I will do that!

Upvote 0
You can use just power query. You can select the last sheet in your filter.

Upvote 1
You can use just power query. You can select the last sheet in your filter.
Sorry but I don’t know how to write code in power query, is there a way to select it or add it in the applied steps?

Upvote 0
Sorry but I don’t know how to write code in power query, is there a way to select it or add it in the applied steps?
Is there a way I can change this statement to make it look at the table on the recent sheet?

Power Query:
Excel.currentworkbook(){[Name =“table13”]}[content]

Upvote 0
How about starting with just this

Excel.currentworkbook()

Upvote 0
How about starting with just this

Excel.currentworkbook()
I have a list of tables on that workbook, there are about 20 tables, but I want to only work with table 13, thus that extra step.

Upvote 0
Your question is about referring to a new sheet. Which means you have to use a different table

Upvote 0
Your question is about referring to a new sheet. Which means you have to use a different table
Yes. Every new sheet that gets added has a table as column C and D. Is there a way to dynamically look at the new table on every new sheet that gets added and also use it as a source?

Upvote 0
Yes but you told before you always wanted to use table13, which is not in line with the rest of your story

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayHo

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back