How do I select the number of rows until i reach a certain value

asddsaasddas

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
For instance, I have column A populated with different random words. So for example at row 6, I have a "#N/A" instead of a random word. I want to be able to select all the values above row 6. Technically the "#N/A" is like a stopper to prevent the system from selecting it or anything below it. Is there any way to select all the values above the "#N/A". The number of random words are not definite. Thus, I may have #N/A" to appear at row 13 and the values from row 1 to 12 can be selected. I want the code to be flexible and can adapt to "#N/A" in any row as long as it is in column A.

The other macro must be getting the cell value from somewhere. Check that first.

Then try : =(cell ref)=0
If this formula returns FALSE, try : =TRIM(cell ref)=0
If this returns FALSE, try : =INT(cell ref)=(cell ref). This is to check the value is a whole number
To confirm the cell only contains one character : =LEN(cell ref)

Do I not have to -1 from count or something?? Does the code provided previously helps to count the number of rows and subtract 1 from the total amount of rows?
No. The code sets the range from the startcell to the cell immediately above the last data cell - which I believe is what you want.
Why don't you try it?
Hi, I've tried all 4 of the formulas given and they return the values "TRUE", "FALSE", "TRUE" and "1" respectively. Also I've tried the code provided and it works :). Thanks. Was wondering why the second formula return "FALSE"

"=INDEX($AA$2:$AA168,MATCH(0,INDEX(COUNTIF($AE$4:AE24,$AA$2:$AA$168),0,0),0))" This is the formula in that particular cell

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Was wondering why the second formula return "FALSE"

The cell must be formatted as Text.

Upvote 0
Was wondering why the second formula return "FALSE"

The cell must be formatted as Text.
"=INDEX($AA$2:$AA168,MATCH(0,INDEX(COUNTIF($AE$4:AE24,$AA$2:$AA$168),0,0),0))" This is the formula in that particular cell

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vivek chauhan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back