How do I store the values of a changing cell into an array and then paste it to another sheet?

GreyHat

Hi,

I know somebody asked this somehow but I'm relatively new to this and need help.

I'm trying to write a code to accomplish the following but am having massive issues.

I have 2 sheets, "Sheet 1" and "Sheet 2". Theres actually a bunch more sheets in this model but these are important for the macro.

Sheet 1 has a Range, Range B32. B32 is basically a formula/value that constantly changes based on inputs from a monte carlo model I made. Basically every time I recalculate the model, the value is going to change.

Now I want to do 1000 (or maybe n) calculations and then take those different values generated and paste them into "Sheet 2" say Range("B2:B1001") or whatever range. The thing is I don't want to paste the same value everytime or press F2 everytime obviously and then repaste.

I know there has to be a way where I can write a loop to have Excel loop through the calculation n times and store the data into an array without wiping out the old values and then transpose that data into the next sheet.

I feel like I'm coming close but still can't fully figure out wat I'm missing or doing wrong. Everytime I run this macro, the same value gets pasted N number of times and the calculation takes forever depending on the number of iterations.

Someone please help, I know this is simple but I'm new and dumb.

Sub Simulation()

Dim X As Double
Dim MyArray() As Double
ReDim Preserve MyArray(1000)

Application.ScreenUpdating = False

'This will set all the formulas to the simulated value

Worksheets("Sheet1)").Activate
X = Worksheets("Sheet1").Range("B32").Value

For i = 1 To 1000
MyArray(i) = X
Calculate
Next i

Worksheets("Sheet2").Activate
Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("B2:B1001").Resize(1000, 1) = Application.Transpose(MyArray)

End Sub

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staticfluids

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back