How do you update links immediately on a network file?

ljones123

Here's my situation:
I have a master workbook file that has links to a feeder workbook. Master file and feeders are in the same folder. As I have developed this file I have kept it local on my computer. Locally, when I update one of the feeder worksheets, the master sheet is updated immediately. However I need to go live with this file on the network, and when I update the feeder sheets and save, nothing changes on the master (I moved the entire folder to a secure drive and made it a trusted document). I have tried Refresh All and made sure my auto calculations are enabled. The only way the master updates is when I close it out and reopen (I get the prompt would you like to update now?) and the new data shows up. How can I more easily accomplish this? I'm still a novice when it comes to developing files for network usage.

Also, to further complicate things, this folder will have to allow more than one person to edit at a time, and I hear shared workbooks are problematic. Any help would be appreciated!

I am using Excel 2010, Windows 7. MS Access is not available in my office

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finagill

Some videos you may like

This Week's Hot Topics

• VBA (Userform)
    Hi All, I just would like to know why my code isn't working. Here is my VBA code: [CODE=vba]Private Sub OKButton_Click() Dim i As Integer...
  • List box that changes fill color
    Hello, I have gone through so many pages trying to figure this out. I have a 2020 calendar that depending on the day needs to have a certain...
  • Remove duplicates and retain one. Cross-linked cases
    Hi all I ran out of google keywords to use and still couldn't find a reference how to achieve the results of a single count. It would be great if...
  • VBA Copy and Paste With Duplicates
    Hello All, I'm in need of some input. My VBA skills are sub-par at best. I've assembled this code from basic research and it works but is...
  • Macro
    is it possible for a macro to run if the active cell value is different to the value above it
  • IF DATE and TIME
    I currently use this to check if date has passed but i also need to set a time on it too. Is it possible? [CODE=vba]=IF(B:B>TODAY(),"Not...