How to add another user language to Office? Only by reinstalling?

Jamualson

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
With office 365 you can download language from your office language menu (goes to microsoft website) and a "reinstall" type process will be launched which adds the new language to the options.

But how do you do this with regular Office? (no subscription) Seems to me that you have to reinstall whole Office? There is no help or link in Office language settings in this situation.

Thank you very much for your idea, have a nice day.

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
With office 365 you can download language from your office language menu (goes to microsoft website) and a "reinstall" type process will be launched which adds the new language to the options.

But how do you do this with regular Office? (no subscription) Seems to me that you have to reinstall whole Office? There is no help or link in Office language settings in this situation.

Thank you very much for your idea, have a nice day.
Did you try File/Options/Language in Excel? There are help files in it.

Upvote 0
Did you try File/Options/Language in Excel? There are help files in it.
Thank you. In Office 2016 I see no help, only showing available languages to switch, which doesn not contain the language I need. But thanks, maybe I will look again.

Upvote 0
What about "Choose editing languages" on the same page? Right under the block that shows the installed languages, there is a dropdown box. If you click on it, it'll show all the available languages you can add. I'm using Excel 2010.

Upvote 0
What about "Choose editing languages" on the same page? Right under the block that shows the installed languages, there is a dropdown box. If you click on it, it'll show all the available languages you can add. I'm using Excel 2010.
Yes, that changes the corrector language or things like that, but not the userface, like menus. Am I wrong? Thank you very much

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHOJ

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back