How to extract a middle word from a sentence which follows by a particular string(not definite characters but separated by space)

Satheesh Miryala

I am working on a predictive analysis where i have more than 55000 comments, Here i need to extract a broker name which usually followed by a particular string "Client". broker name has indefinite characters.
for ex: 1. TCS executed trades for client FIDELITY and since we did not had allocations, trades remained unallocated on top day

2. TCS Executed trades for Pimco client offered to METFR & FIMFR Broker, they did not accept the trades, as they don’t have Client allocations.
3. TCS Executed trade for client BMO broker GSF did not receive client confirmation. Hence not accepted on top day.

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Welcome to the MrExcel board!

1. Can you please confirm just what the expected results are for those 3 examples?

2. Are you looking for a formula solution or macro or you don't care?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hi Peter, Thanks for the reply

Out of 3 examples i needed the out put as client name & Broker name as per below.
1. FIDELITY
2. Pimco, METFR & FIMFR
3. BMO, GSF

i'm fine with both formula solutions and macro, since the comments(more than 50000) are not standardized i need to extract just the client & broker name in an easy way

Upvote 0
I can't see any logic to what is extracted, especially Pimco which is neither after "client" (all the other expected results are), nor all capitals (all the other expected results are)

Can you give us, in words, a "rule" or "set of rules" as to what should be extracted?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ahmad123098

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back