How to filter a pivot table with multiple values on Excel 2011 Mac?

vanclute

Board Regular
I imagine this must have been asked and answered before, but I couldn't seem to find an answer to this exact scenario, and I'm hoping someone else can point me to one.

I'm on Mac using Excel 2011. This means I don't have "slicers", which is all my Googling kept turning up.

I have a pivot table with 4 different value columns, and I want to be able to filter it the same way you would a normal table - i.e. remove everything below a specific number in one column, and filter for only specific strings in another column, etc.

How can this be done? Seems like a pretty standard need in a complex pivot table so I'm hoping someone has a nice easy solution. :)

i am not sure, what exactly you are trying to achive. perhaps why dont you marge thee result values of three pivot tables and put them in one table and then filter? can you upload a sample file?

On further reflection, I need to amend this entire question and explain why the AutoFilter functionality is not acceptable.

AutoFilters work by actually hiding rows that fit the filtering criteria. This is not going to work since it ends up hiding data in other columns of the worksheet. This is precisely why I originally was looking for a pivot table-specific solution. I need to be able to filter the values of a pivot table, without impacting anything else on the worksheet - just as one can do with the row labels, but for the value columns.

I hope this makes my needs more clear, and that someone can suggest a solution. Thanks!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
I can work up a simplified example of my file if needed, though it will take me a little bit.

All I want is to be able to filter the values in any of 3 different pivot tables, without them impacting one another. Each pivot table shows me different information that I want to be able to compare to one another. I can't use autofilters because filtering pivot table 1, will hide rows of data that impact pivot tables 2 and 3. I merely want each pivot table to filter in place without affecting anything else on the sheet, just as they do when you filter the label rows. But I need to do this with the value rows.

If you still need to see some sample data I can create some, but really just create a worksheet with 3 pivot tables, each with 3 columns of value data, and each separated by a single blank spacer column. It doesn't matter what the data is, this will give you a simulation of what I'm trying to do.

Thanks!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chislobog

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back