How to filter data from different rows when selection criteria are only displayed on the 1st row

Ingmar

[FONT=&quot]Hello,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I'm currently making a new Excel sheet to keep track on recruitment activities for various customers. My first aim is to have a clear overview on pending vacancies, introduced candidates and hired candidates but later on I will build a dashboard with more options, for example to view pivot charts off specific customers or conversion for activities by a specific recruiter. But before staring on a dashboard I will first do an online course.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I uploaded the sheet with fictive data: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ewb4ka6fh709fx4/TEST recruitment sheet.xlsx?dl=0[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In the recruitment datasheet I added slicers to filter specific data. For example, only view vacancies of a specific customer (column A) with a specific status (column I). If we introduce a new candidate on a vacancy, we add a new row in which candidate details, candidate status etc are entered.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]My problem is; if I select [for example] Customer 1 using the "Customer" slicer, only row 2, 11 and 13 are displayed. Which is logical since the customer name is only entered in the first row of the vacancy line. But I want the introduced candidates on the rows below also to show up. So in the example previously mentioned, if I select Customer 1 in the slicer the displayed rows should be 2, 3, 4, 11, 12 and 13 since these all belong to the vacancies of Customer 1.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Does anybody know a method or workaround to achieve this?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The reason I chose not to put the customer name in every row is because it makes the sheet less clear, especially since we normally have > 50 pending vacancies. The same is applicable to the job status, department and hiring manager filters. So I want to have the vacancy specific data only on the 1st row of the vacancy.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Your help would be really appreciated. Thanks in advance![/FONT]

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back