How to keep a history of changing values in a cell?

zb134

I hope I can explain this clearly in words as it is in my mind!:)

Lets say I have C2, D2 and E2 as my cells for vendor costs, IT costs, Employee costs (or whatever, the actual table has a lot more components)
B2 is just summing these up. So B2= sum(C2:E2) in this case.

The thing is as I get different quotes I will re-visit C2,D2 and E2 to change the numbers in those cells(and a result the summed value in B2 will obviously change).

I am hoping that there is a macro solution that will allow me to store the values of B2 as they change in cell A2 so I have a history of these.
So lets say my B2 value is 100 today but I get a new quote tomorrow that makes B2= 90 then I want A2 to show 100,90 (the order or type of separator doesn't matter, but basically a history of what was in my B2)

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Last edited:

Excel Facts

How to create a cell-sized chart?
Tiny charts, called Sparklines, were added to Excel 2010. Look for Sparklines on the Insert tab.
Hi,

I'm new to VBA excel and I really appreciate if you guys could kindly guide me through my request here

I tried a few codes but none gives exactly what I wish to achieve .. :biggrin:

I have an action plan on Sheet 1 and would like to track changes daily on Sheet 2.

Action plan example
DateWhatWhyHowDoneOngoing
05/12/2017Clean the washing machineProject BStop cycle6/12/2017
06/12/2017Maintenance LFLF failurex

<tbody>
</tbody>

This action plan is renewed daily and I would like to keep track of a sum of actions EACH DAY on Sheet 2 which are :

1. Done
2. Ongoing
3. Newly added

Here's an example of tracking table in Sheet 2

DateDoneOngoingNew
11/12/2017
12/12/2017
13/12/2017

<tbody>
</tbody>

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Upvote 0
I have something similar issues!

Lets say I have B5 - which is my car number and C5 which is deck block last changed date. in the image you can see i named this first sheet main sheet and i have made individual taps for each heading.

the question is every time i change the date on the main sheet on C5 i wan the history of the date to be saved on the individual tap "deck Blocks" - B5,C5,D5 and so on .......

i wan this done for whole sheet for each tap.

if you its going to make life easier i can email the spread sheet to someone who can fiddle around find a solution for me!!

I've been trying to learn the Vcode and its a night mare for me.

thank you guys

Attachments

• deck block.JPG
    deck block.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 9
  • main sheet.JPG
    main sheet.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 9
Upvote 0
I have something similar issues!

Lets say I have B5 - which is my car number and C5 which is deck block last changed date. in the image you can see i named this first sheet main sheet and i have made individual taps for each heading.

the question is every time i change the date on the main sheet on C5 i wan the history of the date to be saved on the individual tap "deck Blocks" - B5,C5,D5 and so on .......

i wan this done for whole sheet for each tap.

if you its going to make life easier i can email the spread sheet to someone who can fiddle around find a solution for me!!

I've been trying to learn the Vcode and its a night mare for me.

thank you guys
1575460086594.png
1575460104688.png

Upvote 0
Hey guys

I need a little help from you
I am trying to save the filtered data (by system date) in another sheet, the filtering part is easy, but I cannot find a way to save the information resulted from filtering.
For instance, the table I am filtering, retrieves data from another excel file (this file has new data added daily) but shows only the information relevant for the current day.
What I'm trying to do is, at the end of the day, automatically save the data shown in the table today before the new data is shown tomorrow.
And so on, underneath it, save the data shown tomorrow and the day after tomorrow...you get the picture.
Is there a way of doing that?

Upvote 0
Hey guys

I need a little help from you
I am trying to save the filtered data (by system date) in another sheet, the filtering part is easy, but I cannot find a way to save the information resulted from filtering.
For instance, the table I am filtering, retrieves data from another excel file (this file has new data added daily) but shows only the information relevant for the current day.
What I'm trying to do is, at the end of the day, automatically save the data shown in the table today before the new data is shown tomorrow.
And so on, underneath it, save the data shown tomorrow and the day after tomorrow...you get the picture.
Is there a way of doing that?
P.S. I didn't know where to post this, so I'm sorry if I got it wrong

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back