How to make cell value = hyperlink worksheet location

mlandrie

Is there any way to make the value of a cell reflect the hyperlink location?

I have a single workbook with several worksheets.

I'm trying to create a hyperlink that will not only take you to another worksheet, but for the cell value (where the hyperlink is located) to reflect the worksheet name that I am linking to...

I'm going to use this formula in multiple locations and hyperlinking to different worksheets, so I need a formula to reflect the worksheet name instead of me having to type each worksheet name in as the cell value.

Does this make sense? If so, any suggestions?

Excel Facts

What does custom number format of ;;; mean?
Three semi-colons will hide the value in the cell. Although most people use white font instead.
Hi Mlandrie,

Im sorry I dont seem to understand what you want to do.

you want to aatched a hyperlink (taking you to anoter worksheet) to a cell value ?

Upvote 0
Well, I want to take a cell from worksheet 1 (let's say A1)... and hyperlink it to a cell in worksheet 2 (let's say B2).

but instead of typing into A1 (on worksheet 1) a cell value (some string of text that says where you are "going")... I want that string of text to reflect the worksheet name of worksheet 2...

So I want the cell value of the cell that contains the hyperlink to be based on the location of the hyperlink...

Is this even possible?

Upvote 0
Worksheet 1
A
Worksheet 2

<tbody>
</tbody>

I want it to look like the above... where "worksheet 2" is a hyperlink to some cell in worksheet 2... but I don't want to have to type "worksheet 2"... I want a formula that will reflect the name of worksheet 2 based on the location of the hyperlink...

Maybe this helps, sorry I'm not super savvy on the excel lingo... trying to just make a big job much easier for myself! :)

Upvote 0
So if I'm correct having a code that insert a hyperlink and a name based on that hyperlink is beyond my knowledge.

sorry.

Upvote 0
That's okay... I wasn't sure if/how to make work so I figured I'd throw it out there to see if anyone had an idea.

Upvote 0
If I understand what you mean. The formula is: HYPERLINK(link_location, [friendly_name]).

For what you are asking maybe (Place anywhere on Worksheet 1)....

Code:
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!A1","Worksheet 2")

Upvote 0
If I understand what you mean. The formula is: HYPERLINK(link_location, [friendly_name]).

For what you are asking maybe (Place anywhere on Worksheet 1)....

Code:
=HYPERLINK("#Sheet2!A1","Worksheet 2")

But then I'd have to type in "Worksheet 2"... I want it to auto populate "worksheet 2" based on the hyperlink location... thoughts?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stevenciu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back