How to move value on some criteria

Sancho81

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello. I have a worksheet with some columns of values. I have columns with hours, price and amount (as seen in picture). I have to optimize the amount by ordering it in hours with largest price. That is not a problem, with LARGE, MATCH and INDEX functions it worked well (see Optimized amount). But now I have a column with level restrictions (see Level). And therefore I have to move value of optimized amount to match the level as soon as it reaches 72. If the level is less than 72 nothing should be moved. How could I do that?

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    63.1 KB · Views: 8

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Can you wrap Optimized Amt in an IF >= 72 or Add another column to do the cal always and check?
Maybe I don't understand what the "Ask" is?

Upvote 0
Hi, thank you for the effort. Sorry if I can not explain properly.
I got an Optimized Amt, it is perfect, but I have an other criteria ->Level. As soon as level reaches 72, I have to reorder Optimized Amt in such a way that one of the values is moved up to match the Level 72.
For example, in this case I need to move the value of Opt Amt 100 which matches the less price at Hour 24 to Hour 13 to match the Level 72.07. Total sum of Opt Amount should not be changed. When the Opt Amt is moved to match the Level, it is recalculated and sets in boundaries again (it is my further calculations). I added an image of that it would look like.

Is it even possible to do in excel? In a workbook I have a large amount of data.

Attachments

• Capture1.JPG
    Capture1.JPG
    63.8 KB · Views: 1
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back