How to read/convert 2007 from 2003?

dave8

I have an ACCDB file and I want to read it using Access 2003. Is there a way to convert or do I need some file converter? Please advise.

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
It is possible to use 'Save As' (on the Office button) to save it so it is compatible with earlier versions - even Access 2000.

Upvote 0
The problem is that I don't have Office 2007. I was wondering if there was another way to convert it.

Upvote 0
Microsoft created viewers for Excel, Word, and PowerPoint so you can view 2007 files in earlier versions, but I do not see one for Access 2007:
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/HA010449811033.aspX

Is it possible to have the person you sent you the database convert it to 2003 for you (or anyone who has a copy of Access 2007 should be able to do this for you using the method Derek Brown described).

Upvote 0
Yeah, I just had someone with 2007 try to save it on another version but it's saying that the file cannot be converted to an earlier version. Apparently there are some features not recognized by 2003. I think there could be some Active-X controls in 2007 that will not run on 2003.

Upvote 0
I agree with Joe4 - I have not been able to find a compatibility pack for Access.
It is of course possible that the .accdb file contains features that will not convert to earlier versions but it is worth going back to the person who made it available to you.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Subhash Chand

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back