How to return value rounded off to 2 decimal places?

Asdf0qwerty

Hi everyone,

I created a UDF Add-In in Excel 2007 VBA that returns a Currency data type value. How do I make my UDF to return the result in / rounded off in 2 decimal places only? Hope you could help me out. TIA

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Copy formula down without changing references
If you have =SUM(F2:F49) in F50; type Alt+' in F51 to copy =SUM(F2:F49) to F51, leaving the formula in edit mode. Change SUM to COUNT.

yytsunamiyy

No need for an UDF, Excel has that functionality build right in:

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 80px"><COL style="WIDTH: 80px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><TD> </TD><TD>K</TD><TD>L</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">23</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">123.45678</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: right">123.46</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
<TABLE style="BORDER-BOTTOM-STYLE: groove; BORDER-BOTTOM-COLOR: #00ff00; BORDER-RIGHT-STYLE: groove; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fffcf9; BORDER-TOP-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; BORDER-TOP-STYLE: groove; COLOR: #000000; BORDER-RIGHT-COLOR: #00ff00; FONT-SIZE: 10pt; BORDER-LEFT-STYLE: groove; BORDER-LEFT-COLOR: #00ff00"><TBODY><TR><TD>Formulas:</TD></TR><TR><TD><TABLE style="FONT-FAMILY: Arial; FONT-SIZE: 9pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=2><TBODY><TR style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 10pt"><TD>Zelle</TD><TD>Formel</TD></TR><TR><TD>L23</TD><TD>=ROUND(K23,2)</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE></TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel Tabellen im Web darstellen >> http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de" target="_blank"> Excel Jeanie HTML 4

Asdf0qwerty

@all Thank you for your quick response everyone :D

@Steve : Just the thing I need :D Thanks!

@yytsunamiyy: Well I mean I need to use the round function inside my UDF to return a result with 2 decimal places only :D

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDotHanny

This Week's Hot Topics

• Sort code advice please
    Hi, I have the code below which im trying to edit but getting a little stuck. This was the original code which worked fine,columns A-F would sort...
  • SUMPRODUCT with nested If statement
    Hi everyone, Hope you're all well. I'm hoping someone will be able to point me in the right direction with a problem I'm having with a SUMPRODUCT...
  • VBA - simple sort is killing me!
    Hello all! This should be so easy, but not for me, apparently! I have a table of data that can be of varying lengths and widths. My current macro...
  • Compare Two Lists
    I have two Lists and I need to be able to Identify differences between them. List 100 comes from a workbook - the other is downloaded form the...
  • Formula that deducts points for each code I input.
    I am trying to create a formula that will have each student in my class start at 100 points and then for each code that I enter (PP for Poor...
  • Conditional formatting formula required for day of week and a value
    Hi, I have a really simple spreadsheet where column A is the date, column B is the activity total shown as a number and column C states the day of...