How to substitute all comma in this excel file?

lfbh222

I want to substitute all comma in this file by "\", but I cannot use the substitute function to do this, so can somebody help to figure it out?

Here is the text in the file(it contains several comma):

Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter - Awww\ that's a bummer. You shoulda got David Carr of Third Day to do it. ;D
is upset that he can't update his Facebook by texting it... and might cry as a result School today also. Blah!
@Kenichan I dived many times for the ball. Managed to save 50% The rest go out of bounds
my whole body feels itchy and like its on fire
no+not behaving at all. i'm mad. why am i here? because I can't see you all over there.
@Kwesidei not the whole crew
Need a hug
@LOLTrish hey long time no see! Yes.. Rains a bit ,only a bit LOL , I'm fine thanks , how's you ?
@Tatiana_K nope they didn't have it
@twittera que me muera ?
spring break in plain city... it's snowing
I just re-pierced my ears
@caregiving I couldn't bear to watch it. And I thought the UA loss was embarrassing . . . . .
@octolinz16 It it counts, idk why I did either. you never talk to me anymore
@smarrison i would've been the first, but i didn't have a gun. not really though, zac snyder's just a doucheclown.
@iamjazzyfizzle I wish I got to watch it with you!! I miss you and @iamlilnicki how was the premiere?!
Hollis' death scene will hurt me severely to watch on film wry is directors cut not out now?
about to file taxes
@LettyA ahh ive always wanted to see rent love the soundtrack!!
@FakerPattyPattz Oh dear. Were you drinking out of the forgotten table drinks?
@alydesigns i was out most of the day so didn't get much done
one of my friend called mea and asked to meet with her at Mid Valley today...but i've no time *sigh*
@angry_barista I baked you a cake but I ated it
this week is not going as i had hoped
blagh class at 8 tomorrow
I hate when I have to call and wake people up
Just going to cry myself to sleep after watching Marley and Me.
im sad now Miss.Lilly
ooooh.... LOL that leslie.... and ok I won't do it again so leslie won't get mad again
Meh... Almost Lover is the exception... this track gets me depressed every time.
some1 hacked my account on aim now i have to make a new one
@alielayus I want to go to promote GEAR AND GROOVE but unfornately no ride there I may b going to the one in Anaheim in May though
thought sleeping in was an option tomorrow but realizing that it now is not. evaluations in the morning and work in the afternoon!
@julieebaby awe i love you too!!!! 1 am here i miss you
@HumpNinja I cry my asian eyes to sleep at night
ok I'm sick and spent an hour sitting in the shower cause I was too sick to stand and held back the puke like a champ. BED now
@cocomix04 ill tell ya the story later not a good day and ill be workin for like three more hours...
@MissXu sorry! bed time came here (GMT+1) Paparazzi!
@fleurylis I don't either. Its depressing. I don't think I even want to know about the kids in suitcases.
Bed. Class 8-12. Work 12-3. Gym 3-5 or 6. Then class 6-10. Another day that's gonna fly by. I miss my girlfriend
really don't feel like getting up today... but got to study to for tomorrows practical exam...
He's the reason for the teardrops on my guitar the only one who has enough of me to break my heart
Sadand sadand sad. I don't know why but I hate this feeling I wanna sleep and I still can't!
@JonathanRKnight Awww I soo wish I was there to see you finally comfortable! Im sad that I missed it
Falling asleep. Just heard about that Tracy girl's body being found. How sad My heart breaks for that family.
@Viennah Yay! I'm happy for you with your job! But that also means less time for me and you...
Just checked my user timeline on my blackberryand it looks like the twanking is still happening Are ppl still having probs w/ BGs and UIDs?
Oh man...was ironing @jeancjumbe's fave top to wear to a meeting. Burnt it
is strangely sad about LiLo and SamRo breaking up.
@tea oh! i'm so sorry i didn't think about that before retweeting.
Broadband plan 'a massive broken promise' http://tinyurl.com/dcuc33 via www.diigo.com/~tautao Still waiting for broadband we are
@localtweeps Wow, tons of replies from you, may have to unfollow so I can see my friends' tweets, you're scrolling the feed a lot.
our duck and chicken are taking wayyy too long to hatch
Put vacation photos online a few yrs ago. PC crashedand and now I forget the name of the site.
I need a hug
@andywana Not sure what they are, only that they are PoS! As much as I want to, I dont think can trade away company assets sorry andy!
@oanhLove I hate when that happens...
I have a sad feeling that Dallas is not going to show up I gotta say thoughand you'd think more shows would use music from the game. mmm
Ugh....92 degrees tomorrow
Where did u move to? I thought u were already in sd. ?? Hmmm. Random u found me. Glad to hear yer doing well.
I miss my ps3\ it's out of commission Wutcha playing? Have you copped 'Blood On The Sand'?
just leaving the parking lot of work!
The Life is cool. But not for Me.
Sadly though \ I've never gotten to experience the post coitus cigarette before \ and now I never will.
I had such a nice day. Too bad the rain comes in tomorrow at 5am
@Starrbby too bad I won't be around I lost my job and can't even pay my phone bill lmao aw shucks
Damm back to school tomorrow
Mo jobs, no money. how in the hell is min wage here 4 f'n clams an hour?
@katortiz Not forever... See you soon!
@Lt_Algonquin agreed, I saw the failwhale allllll day today.
@jdarter Oh! Haha... dude I dont really look at em unless someone says HEY I ADDED YOU. Sorry I'm so terrible at that. I need a pop up!
@ninjen I'm sure you're right... I need to start working out with you and the Nikster... Or Jared at least!
i really hate how people diss my bands! Trace is clearly NOT ugly!
Gym attire today was: Puma singlet, Adidas shorts.......and black business socks and leather shoes Lucky did not run into any cute girls.
Why won't you show my location?! Twitpic - Share photos and videos on Twitter
No picnic my phone smells like citrus.
@ashleyac My donkey is sensitive about such comments. Nevertheless, he'd (and me'd) be glad to see your mug asap. Charger is still awol.
No new csi tonight. FML
i think my arms are sore from tennis
wonders why someone that u like so much can make you so unhappy in a split seccond . depressed .
sleep soon... i just hate saying bye and see you tomorrow for the night.
@statravelAU just got ur newsletter, those fares really are unbelievable, shame I already booked and paid for mine
missin' the boo
@markhardy1974 Me too #itm
****... I don't have any chalk! MY CHALKBOARD IS USELESS
had a blast at the Getty Villa, but hates that she's had a sore throat all day. It's just getting worse too
@msdrama hey missed ya at the meeting sup mama
My tummy hurts. I wonder if the hypnosis has anything to do with it? If so, it's working, I get it, STOP SMOKING!!!
why is it always the fat ones?!
@januarycrimson Sorry, babe!! My fam annoys me too. Thankfully, they're asleep right now. Muahaha. *evil laugh*
@Hollywoodheat I should have paid more attention when we covered photoshop in my webpage design class in undergrad
wednesday my b-day! don't know what 2 do!!
Poor cameron (the hills)
pray for me please, the ex is threatening to start sh** at my/our babies 1st Birthday party. what a jerk. and I still have a headache
@makeherfamous hmm , do u really enjoy being with him ? if the problems are too constants u should think things more , find someone ulike
Strider is a sick little puppy http://apps.facebook.com/dogbook/profile/view/5248435
so rylee,grace...wana go steve's party or not?? SADLY SINCE ITS EASTER I WNT B ABLE 2 DO MUCH BUT OHH WELL.....
hey, I actually won one of my bracket pools! Too bad it wasn't the one for money
@stark YOU don't follow me, either and i work for you!
A bad nite for the favorite teams: Astros and Spartans lose. The nite out with T.W. was good.
Body Of Missing Northern Calif. Girl Found: Police have found the remains of a missing Northern California girl .. http://tr.im/imji
@mangaaa I hope they will increase the capacity fast, yesterday was such a pain. Got the fail whale +15 times in 2 hours....
Behind on my classes for work
watching "House"
@kpreyes Remember my bum leg? Strikes back this time its serious
@paradisej cool, i will. their are all kinds of complaints about this laptop online about overheating, but no recalls
Emily will be glad when Mommy is done training at her new job. She misses her. http://apps.facebook.com/dogbook/profile/view/6176014
would rather the first party send bad messages than the 3rd party send mixed ones Sophmore year all over again?
@Henkuyinepu it's overrated
@marykatherine_q i know! I heard it this afternoon and wondered the same thing. Moscow is so behind the times
laying in bed with no voice..
I'm sooo sad!!! they killed off Kutner on House whyyyyyyyy
@jacobsummers Sorry tell them mea culpa from me and that I really am sorry.
@Alliana07 it didn't make any sense to me, the suicide thing. I refuse to believe that that is actually what happened.

<colgroup><col></colgroup><tbody>
</tbody>

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.
Paste all the data in a single cell

Eg:) Open a new excel , Copy the complete data that you need to substitute letter ,enter f2 in A1 cell and paste the data in that cell.

in B1 Cell enter this formula .

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","\")

Press enter

now copy the b1 cell and paste it in any cell as values . CTRL + C and ALT + E + S+ V

Done.

Thanks,
Harish

Upvote 0
thank you so much, it works
Paste all the data in a single cell

Eg:) Open a new excel , Copy the complete data that you need to substitute letter ,enter f2 in A1 cell and paste the data in that cell.

in B1 Cell enter this formula .

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,",","\")

Press enter

now copy the b1 cell and paste it in any cell as values . CTRL + C and ALT + E + S+ V

Done.

Thanks,
Harish

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dbomb1414

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back