HTMLMaker not appearing on ribbon

ProgramUser

Board Regular
Hi everyone.... I have decided to take up Peter_SSs advice and attempt to make use of the HTMLMaker add-in. I have had trouble getting it to work.

I have downloaded the .xla file and installed the add-in into the usual MS Add-In folder, in my case, here;
C:\Users\xxxxxx\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns

I then went over to the Add-Ins manager from within Excel, found it, ticked the box to allow HtmlMaker20101230 add-in to become active.

After following all the instructions correctly, I had expected to see the HtmlMaker add-in appear under my 'Add-Ins' tab in the Excel UI Ribbon......No, it ain't there!!!

I have removed the add-in, reinstalled it twice hoping that it would catch but, alas, to no avail.

Any idea's?

ProgramUser.

Excel Facts

Who is Mr Spreadsheet?
Author John Walkenbach was Mr Spreadsheet until his retirement in June 2019.
Hi,

I don't think HTMLMaker should appear on the Ribbon.

After adding the Add-In you should be able to select some data in a worksheet and perform a right-click to show the menu. If the add-in is working properly you should see the HTMLMaker options at the bottom of the menu. Pick one and your data should be copied and turned into HTML on the Clipboard. After that, you can paste it into the forum.

Regards,

Upvote 0
I don't think HTMLMaker should appear on the Ribbon.

Appears in my ribbon under the Add-Ins tab - Menu Commands as well as the right click menu (but it is a long time since l installed it so things might have changed). Running Excel 2010.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Regarding HTML Maker, I have had little or no luck with this add-in, since June I have reviewed it and am impressed. I have noticed that most experienced users post on this forum obviously using the add-in but I have had nothing but trouble with it, I am hoping that someone could possibly shed some light on the overall compatibility of the add-in especially as the code is locked I can't double-check for 64Bit compatibility.....

I wanted to bring this (not so old) thread back to life for the following reasons;

1. HTML Maker (on my system) has been problematic for me immediately from installation;
  2. I have had to disable the add-in as once it was installed (correctly), I was continuing to receive the following message;
  3. "Error" Compile Error in hidden module: modMain. This error commonly occurs when code is incompatible with the version, platform, or architecture......and so on
  4. and yes, I did briefly see the add-in for HTML Maker appear on my ribbon too

I have tried two versions of the Add-In, namely (1) HTML Maker 20101230 and (2) VBE HTML Maker

So, is there a global issue with running HTML Maker on a 64Bit Office version?

I have troubleshooted the problem and have also reviewed information from MSDN here;
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/307410
...however, I am unable to locate the files in the specified folders that MSDN post refers you to.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am wanting to post some questions up regarding some of my code. (I guess I can just use code tags.....but I'd like to be fancy like everybody else! :) )

ProgramUser

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks ZVI, I'll go take a look and will report my findings for all to benefit from....

It has been very frustrating to say the least. I'm not the greatest of coders but I do play around with code a great deal so I can usually hold my own.

Thanks again.

ProgramUser

Upvote 0
Thanks ZVI, I'll go take a look and will report my findings for all to benefit from....

It has been very frustrating to say the least. I'm not the greatest of coders but I do play around with code a great deal so I can usually hold my own.

Thanks again.

ProgramUser
Well, seems it's the time to build the Add-In for auto-unlocking itself and other Add-Ins :)
BTW, I have a draft of that.

Upvote 0
Hi ZVI,

Well, you've done it!!! Many thanks. I followed your link and did some research into the .XLA files relevant to HTMLMaker20101230 which was offered to me by Peter_SSs. I have discovered why I was having trouble. I was not pointing to the correct version of the Add-In. I have it working now but I still no longer see it in the Add-Ins toolbar which isn't necessary, but a nicety just the same.

Well, seems it's the time to build the Add-In for auto-unlocking itself and other Add-Ins :)
BTW, I have a draft of that.

I'd be into that ZVI, nice work! :) I'll be happy to see some of the code (PM me)

Note to all other users out there who are experiencing similar issues;
( and for the benefit of____ http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-...html-maker-no-longer-working.html#post4598429)

1. Make sure you note (remember) where you installed the Add-In (i.e.folder location).
  2. Conduct a search for the file, once found check its properties as per ZVI's instructions and unblock it if necessary.
  3. (Check) Activate the Add-In via File | Options | Add-Ins | Click on 'Go' at bottom.
  4. (Check) That the Add-In is listed in the Add-Ins list under 'Active' add-ins.
  5. (Check) that your copy of the HTMLMaker20101230 is in a Trusted Location.
  6. (Follow) the instructions by ZVI to ensure that a recent MS update hasn't rebuked your Add-In (Well done Microsoft!, if my car behaved they way Win does....well you know how that would pan out).

As you generate code that you would like to convert to HTML, highlight your fields of interest, then right-click and you should see Generate HTML (Default) and Generate HTML (Specify Option) and then follow your nose from there.

Thanks again ZVI :) :)

ProgramUser

Upvote 0
Based on this thread, I might have another go at using HTML Maker, as I've been having problems with it, too. However, I am now using HTML Tables (link in my signature line), which works fine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amyap

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back