Somehow, a workbook got moved to OneDrive and now I can't get call a macro

JenniferMurphy

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I just bought a new Win 11 laptop and am working a bit frantically to get everything moved over before we leave in a few days for a month. I was making good progress until I decided to fiddle around with my OneDrive Personal Vault. I should know by now that I should never try anything new from M$FT if I have less than a month to work out all of the little gotchas.

Shortly after my fiddling, my laptop started to freeze for anywhere from 5-10 minutes to several hours. Then I noticed a little red X (actually a white X in a red circle) on the OneDrive folder. Like this:

1687846262481.png

I also noticed the little character next to the checked circle in the status column.

If I expand that folder, I see that the X is on the Personal Vault. If I double-click on the Personal Vault, it goes through its two-step authentication to show me an empty folder.

I then opened a workbook I have been working on for several months. It has a Button control that calls a macro in my add-in module. When I clicked on it, I got a message about not being able to connect to "d.docs.live.net". I have no idea what that is. After some fiddling around, I discovered that the workbook that I thought was on C-disk, was actually on the OneDrive folder in the cloud. I have no idea how it got there or why it was loaded rather than the one on my C-disk, which is still there.

Then I discovered that the macro that the button control was assigned to was also on the OneDrive folder. This is the macro assignment string:

That macro is also in my add-in on my C-disk, but I cannot figure out how to change the macro assignment back. I have tried every combination of text strings I can think of, including:
  • 'C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\My Add-Ins\WtdRtg'
  • 'Remote Access Software.xlsx'!'C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\My Add-Ins\WtdRtg'
  • 'Remote Access Software.xlsx!C:\Users\Me\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\AddIns\My Add-Ins\WtdRtg'
That is the correct path to my add-in, the correct name of the macro, and the correct name of the workbook.
  1. What am I doing wrong?
  2. How can I fix this in every other workbook, of which I have hundreds?

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doanvanhieu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back