Huge file - new suggestions please

bryanj

So I have looked through previous threads and tried suggestions but I can't seem to decrease the file size of my Excel 2007 document.

I have 4 tabs in one workbook. 2 tabs appear to have normal data ranges (based on the scroll bar size) and the other 2 tabs appear to be huge. In the one tab I've tried edit|go to special| last cell which is XFD1048573. From there I tried to delete the rows between the last cell and the last data cell but it simply gives me an error message "excel cannot complete task with available resources." I am only running one excel workbook (with the 4 tabs) and this browser window. I tried deleting a smaller range but the amount it will process seems like it will take me a few days to do it this way. Any other suggestions on how to decrease the file size?

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
You could either delete them by hand in smaller blocks, get a macro to do this, or what may be easier is try clearing the contents of the unused rows instead and then try using Save As instead of save (you can save it to a different name or the same) and see if that helps. As far as I know Excel does some extra clean up when saving as vs save so give it a shot.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m_smith_solihull

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back