hyperlink to embedded object

glaupie

Hi,

I am having a problem with creating hyperlinks to an embedded object.

Let me explain the situation:

I have a long list of reports in an excel sheet. Each name links to a bookmark in a word document, where a template of the report is shown.

So by clicking on the report name, it will open the word document at the appropriate bookmark. So my links look like this:
\\Tenhq1\comm_sec\Tenacity Projects\Ackermans (launch & conversion)\Requirements\Reporting requirements\NEW MASTER Reporting Doc.docx#BalancingExtract

Now the problem is that I have to send this list (and the word doc) to our IT department. They do not have access to the L Drive (Tenhq1\comm sec) so the hyperlinks won't work for them.

So I added the word document to the excel spreadsheet as an embedded document (when I open it it's name is "Document in Report List"). How can I now change my hyperlinks to link to this embedded file, i.e. what would the path to the document be?

Any help (or other ways of doing this) would be appreciated.

Thanks,
G

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
I'd love to know the answer to this too. I put up a similar question only a few minutes ago - mine was how to display an embedded PDF on a form. Like you, I can display it from a PDF file but not from the embedded document. I guess the question is, how does the hyperlink work for embedded objects?

Upvote 0
Thanks, I'll give that a try if I can't figure out an easier solution.

I've requested that they just get access to our L Drive, which would solve the problem.

Regards,

G

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Erald

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back