I am unable to refresh table on Excel online

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
What do you mean by “table”?
How did you connect to the data from the destination file to the source file? Presumably via power query but what connection type?

Upvote 0
I created a source and destination file on my computer. Then I created a query to the source file. Then I replaced the data source of the query to the online location of the source file instead of the local location, which looks like this:

I don't know much about the cloud update. In actual, I have a Master file.xlsx, and I want to update a subset file.xlsx using that. It works locally, but it should also update online, and I am not sure how.

Upvote 0
I created a source and destination file on my computer. Then I created a query to the source file. Then I replaced the data source of the query to the online location of the source file instead of the local location, which looks like this:

I don't know much about the cloud update. In actual, I have a Master file.xlsx, and I want to update a subset file.xlsx using that. It works locally, but it should also update online, and I am not sure how.
That URL looks like a personal URL for your OneDrive folder. You need load the source into a company group OneDrive folder if you want someone else to be able to refresh the file.

Upvote 0
Do you mean from here? Or what...

1713976597472.png

Upvote 0
Or what. If you want someone else to refresh the query using a file on OneDrive, they have to have access to it either in their personal onedrive or you need to ensure the file is in a shared OneDrive. OneDrive is a bit like a file server. There is not "one" OneDrive.

Upvote 0
Or what. If you want someone else to refresh the query using a file on OneDrive, they have to have access to it either in their personal onedrive or you need to ensure the file is in a shared OneDrive. OneDrive is a bit like a file server. There is not "one" OneDrive.
Yes, that's what I did. I shared the entire folder using the method. So they now have access, but still refresh doesn't work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWBA

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back