I don't want series with #N/A or NA() values plotted. Excel normally should ignore #N/A values and not plot them.

Re: I don't want series with #N/A or NA() values plotted. Excel normally should ignore #N/A values and not plot them. Unfortunately Excel is deciding to plot #N/A as zero values. What's going on? File is attached, and I also did a screen capture whic

fair comment

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Re: I don't want series with #N/A or NA() values plotted. Excel normally should ignore #N/A values and not plot them. Unfortunately Excel is deciding to plot #N/A as zero values. What's going on? File is attached, and I also did a screen capture whic

Peter_SSs did add information that was not on the other thread. Thank you Peter. As far as the minutiae with rules and etiquette I apologize if I broke one. I'm not a veteran here. I'll go read them now.

With this new information my question will change to, how do I get Excel to ignore my series titled Mango. Since there are only #N/A values in this series I don't want blank spaces plotted. I have a spreadsheet with thousands of categories that are dynamic. On any given day only 5 will contain values and the other thousands will contain #N/A. Daily, I need to plot the 5 categories with values as a status report to my team. It messes up the chart for Excel to plot out the other 2,000 "Mango" #N/A categories. Makes it unreadable.

Upvote 0

I tried changing values to 0 and formatting as 0;-0;;@ but that didn't help either

Upvote 0
Surely this has been suggested: If you autofilter to exclude the rows with all blanks, the categories will not appear.

Upvote 0

On any given day only 5 will contain values and the other thousands will contain #N/A. Daily, I need to plot the 5 categories with values as a status report to my team.
Then another option would be to create another table with just the relevant value and use that as the chart data source.

G2 is copied down to the bottom of the original table.
I2 is copied across to M2 & down 5 rows.
I1:M6 is used as the chart data source.

Excel Workbook
ABCDEFGHIJKLM
1MONTUEWEDTHUMONTUEWEDTHU
2Oranges13601Oranges1360
3Bananas#N/A#N/A#N/A#N/APears0402
4Pears04022Grapes0130
5Grapes01303Kiwi2053
6Mango#N/A#N/A#N/A#N/AMelon0201
7Kiwi20534
8Melon02015
Chart To Ignore #NA Rows

Upvote 0

Thank you Peter. That solution will work. :)

Upvote 0

Thank you Peter. That solution will work. :)
No problem. Thanks for letting us know.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sphere2215

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back