I Just cant figure this out, COUNTSIF I think!!

ijones2932

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, can anybody help with this please!

So I need a count by facilitator (Column G) when someone is coming up to or has reached 3 months (Column H) it shouldn't count after that date. So the count for IJ will be 0 as we are past that date

This would be repeated with a count by facilitator for 9 months and the count would be 5 for IJ as they are all before the 9 month mark but I just cant get my head around it!

Then I would need a count by how many are coming up to 12 months by facilitator.

I hope this make sense as I've been baffled for 2 days trying to figure this out so I've had to reach out

1691657114656.png

@Fluff I think ive done it correctly above. My formulas were on a different sheet so have copied and pasted them to Column P.

Sorry its taken a while the old laptop is very old and very slow!

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
Thanks for that.
You need to refer to P10 rather than G3 so Q10 should be
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS('Current Cohort'!G:G,P10,'Current Cohort'!H:H,">="&TODAY(),'Current Cohort'!H:H,"<="&EDATE(TODAY(),3))

Upvote 0
Thanks for that.
You need to refer to P10 rather than G3 so Q10 should be
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS('Current Cohort'!G:G,P10,'Current Cohort'!H:H,">="&TODAY(),'Current Cohort'!H:H,"<="&EDATE(TODAY(),3))
Thank you so much. its nearly there. I just need to figure out how to count any over 12 month old now with the same parameters. Though just by changing to 12 would work but it doesn't.

Ive changed row 10 column C to 10/05/2022 so that puts Column L row 10 over 12 months but it doesnt count it and ive change them formula to greater than

=COUNTIFS('Current Cohort'!G:G,A40,'Current Cohort'!J:J,">="&TODAY(),'Current Cohort'!J:J,">="&EDATE(TODAY(),12))

Last edited:
Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=COUNTIFS('Current Cohort'!G:G,P10,'Current Cohort'!L:L,">"&EDATE(TODAY(),12))

Upvote 0
If I change L11 to 11/8/24 I get 1

Upvote 0
Ok so that would be less than 12 months. I need it to count if it goes over 12 months so it would go to 1 if the date was 09/08/2023

That date was yesterday ;)
Yes so if it's gone past the 12 month mark which with the above example was yesterday in the column that should be counted. Sorry if this doesn't make sense. My head is battered from a busy day 🤣🤦🏻‍♂️ so

Upvote 0
So you mean any date that is greater than yesterday?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thnirmitha

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back