i need formula for dates

MAP

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Experts, I am attempting to make a payroll calendar and paycheck distribution date.

I have the start date in A1 and to make my bi-monthly dates, A2 has the formula =IF(DAY(A1)<15,DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1),15),DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,0))

I am trying to place a formula in A3 that would calculate the date the paycheck would be distributed. If A2 (end of pay period) lands on MON, TUE, WED, or THU, then the distribution date in A3 can be two days later. If A3 is FRI, SAT, or SUN, then the check distribution date in A3 should be on Monday.

Please keep in mind that I am still using Excel 2003 and I don't have any knowledge of VB - so I need a relatively simple formula.

I continue to appreciate the help from the Excel gurus around the world that share their knowledge. thank you.

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
How about
=A2+CHOOSE(WEEKDAY(A2,2),2,2,2,2,3,2,1)

Is t correct thay distribution would be a Saturday, if the pay date is Thursday?

Upvote 0
Hello Fluff.
Yes, if the 15th of the month landed on a Thursday, the checks can get distributed on Saturday. Therefore if the weekday of A2 is MON-THU, the check distribution can be upto 2 days after. If the weekday of A2 is FRI-SUN, the check distribution will be on Monday.

Upvote 0
Well, Fluff, I tried your very simple formula... and IT WORKED just as I had wanted it to work.

I truly appreciate your quick reply and your solution.. Thank you.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back