Identifying last record in a data set

djbe17

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi all,
i have "brain fog" and cannot work out the logic to build a formula...i expect im missing the very obvious.
I have a large data set, of record against unique sites (col B) , each site will have have had a number of inspections undertaken during its life (unique survey number col B & submit date Col C)

I need to run some compliance checks to confirm if the LAST submitted survey has been accepted within specific time scale - to do this i first need a flag in Col E to identify the last ( most recent ) survey for each has been submitted. From there i can build the various KPI flags - data shown below is a very simplified version of the intended data.

Many thanks in advance.

1615572923662.png

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
What version of Excel are you using?

I suggest that you update your Account details (or click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
May I ask why for Site ID 36825, the last survey was Survey Number 130527 and not 130528 with same Submit and Accept Date?

Upvote 0
May I ask why for Site ID 36825, the last survey was Survey Number 130527 and not 130528 with same Submit and Accept Date?
Hi ,
occasionally surveys may have been split into 2 reports submitted on the same day. When i copied this to the example i should have formatted the date field to dd/mm/yy HH:MM
The logic still remains to identify the most recent upload. - unfortunately the data source does not include a latest / last survey counter.

Thanks

Upvote 0
How about
Excel Formula:
=IF(C2=MAXIFS(C:C,B:B,B2),"Last Survey","")

Reactions: Zot
Upvote 0
Many thanks indeed, a beautiful simple solution indeed. I had already started down the wrong road with using help cols etc.

Vary much appreciated.

Upvote 0
You're welcome & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k_bs

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back