If Chip Pearson's website ever helped you, please jot a note...

Have always been grateful for Chip’s help and his legacy is - among other things - all the developers he helped improve by his generosity and diligent research and testing. It’s been so helpful having others continue to curate his material.

Excel Facts

Quick Sum
Select a range of cells. The total appears in bottom right of Excel screen. Right-click total to add Max, Min, Count, Average.
Chip Pearson was a big inspiration for me.
I learned a lot from his Web site and I owe him for part of my knowledge of becoming an Microsoft Excel MVP award for many years.
My sincere condolences to his family.
R.I.P. Chip.
Michael (Micky) Avidan
ISRAEL

I had no idea until now. My sincere condolences to the family. I have lost count of the number of time Chip's knowledge has been helpful. I guess he maybe got a lot out of what he did but gosh he certainly put a lot back in.

My condolences to Chip Pearson's family and friends.
My thanks to Chip for the selfless work that he put into creating such a valuable resource for Excel users.
May he rest in peace.

I was going back to update an old spreadsheet macro built years ago and noticed I'd referenced Chip's site as the source for how I built that section. I looked back to his site just to see what was new and noticed it hadn't been updated in a while and decided to see if I could find what happened to him and discovered he'd passed. I never met the man, but he was a big help to me on many occasions over the years. Few people have that sort of impact in the world.

If you have ever done any serious VBA programming in Excel, then it's almost a lock that at some point you found yourself at an impasse, did a search and found yourself visiting www.cpearson.com where you found a well-documented and well-explained solution to the problem that had been vexing you.

Needless to say I was gobsmacked when Bill e-mailed me and asked me if I'd heard about Chip's accident. I was heartbroken when I followed the link to Chip's obituary in the Kansas City Star and learned what had happened.

Even though I'd never met Chip's parents, I decided to call Stanley Pearson, Chip's father, (like Chip, I too call Kansas City home) and express condolences to his family on behalf of Excel users worldwide. I told them that Chip had helped hundreds of thousands, perhaps even millions of people all over the globe. While they knew Chip was a Microsoft Excel MVP, I don't think they had a real appreciation for just what a titan Chip was in the Excel world; which is why Mrs. Pearson had Chip's website taken down after his death. When I learned that Chip's site had been turned off, I called them again. I explained to Mrs. Pearson just how incredibly important Chip's website was in the eyes of hardcore Excel users worldwide. And I asked if I could pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top, get her and Stanley's blessing to see about getting Chip's site restored and back online. I am tickled pink to report that she said that yes, she and Mr. Pearson would be happy to restore it.

This week I have been working with Chip's hosting company and his domain registrar to get those accounts transferred over to Mrs. Pearson's control so she can get the site back up and running. I think we're almost there. So if you've tried his site and haven't gotten in, please keep trying. Hopefully we'll get it back online in the coming days.

And - as if every Mr. Excel board member didn't already have enough to thank Bill for - we have yet another reason to thank Mr. Jelen: for he offered to cover the expense of having Chip's hosting company hunt down all of Chip's files and restore them from backups! Bill is truly one of the best people I know.

Chip's site was always free for the world to use. But, if you used it, here's my request for a "donation" from you. In a few days' time I would like to e-mail a link to this thread to Mr. and Mrs. Pearson so they can see just how far-reaching their son's site was in helping people. So if you owe Chip Pearson a debt of gratitude, here's your chance to thank his folks for raising such a tremendous man.

Active Link to Chip's Archives: CPearson.com Topic Index

I didn't have account here and when I read this article today and decide to register.
Chip's website looks very old style, but the information there has always be helpful to Excel/VBA users. and even after years, I still found good solutions there.

I usedChip's site years ago, it was a constant reference for me - I clearly remember reading his posts on newsgroups many many eyars ago...
Today I started working on some clients data and knew I would get inspiration / guidance from cpearson.com - then I noticed it still had the same format etc... as what I remembered but the dates were old - there were no recent posts

When I googled Chip I found a link to this page
---- shocked----
I never met or communicated with Chip directly but he had a very direct impact on my career, I would not have been able to do what I have done without his valuable resources and newsgroup posts.

I have just registered to post this because I wanted to acknowledge the affect he has had.
I will always be greatful for the knowledge he shared and the impact he had on my career even though he would never have known it.

My condolences to his family, may he rest in peace

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uzair Tahir Khan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back