If Due Date < Entered Date = Yes, If Due Date > Entered Date = No

Farro

Hello,

First time poster and I have a quick question!

I am essentially trying to create a formula that will determine if someone has met their due date based on the expected due date vs actual completion date. I would like it to generate a yes or no (or something of that variation) so I can use all of those yes/no entries to track the percentage of times the due dates have been met.

Can anyone help me with that issue? The formulas I have been attempting seem to have all been in vain:(.

Thanks!

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
Welcome to the board.

What if Due Date = Entered Date exactly, should that be Yes or No?

I'm going to guess "Yes"

Try
=IF(A1<=B1,"Yes","No")
A1 = Due Date
B1 = Entered Date

Upvote 0
Welcome to the forum.

Try this as a starter

=if(Due Date < Entered Date,"Yes","No")

Upvote 0
You were correct if they were = then yes. The formula also worked! Thank you for the help!

Upvote 0
While we are on the subject let me try and bounce a more intricate question off of you.

Let us say for example that I would like to track a varying set of goals.

Such as if the user is working on Task A they have a allowed work time of 5 days (anything beyond that means they would not meet their goal)

If the user gets assigned Task B they have 6 days to of work time to meet a goal.

How would you create that formula to read those different variables? Essentially I would be looking for [If(Task A, Completion Date - Due Date = Completion Time, Completion time >=5 =Yes, Completion time <5 = No), IF(Task B, Completion Date - Due Date = Completion Time, Completion time >=6 =Yes, Completion time <5 = No)]

I would think a sequence of that would make sense, what are your thoughts? I have not been working with excel for about a year so I am a little rusty.

Thank you.

Upvote 0
I decided to shorten the formula by making the completion date - due date formula and making it a different cell result. So now it would look similar to

=IF(Cell specifying Task type=Task A,(Result of completion date - due date cell<=5,yes),IF(Result of completion date - due date cell>5,No))

or for the sake of showing as cells =IF((A1=Task A,(A3-A2<=5,yes)(A3-A2>5,no)) something like that? Then I would just attach the sequences for all of the other Tasks: =IF[((A1=Task A,(A3-A2<=5,yes)(A3-A2>5,no)), =IF((A1=Task B,(A3-A2<=6,yes)(A3-A2>6,no))]

I hope I am on the right track.

Upvote 0
Try it like

=IF(or(and(A1=Task A,A3-A2<=5),and(A1=Task B,A3-A2<=6)),"Yes","No")

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back