IF Formula Assistance

ExcelRaceRatings

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Hoping someone can assist with an IF Formula issue i am having as per the below photo.

What i would like to achieve is to adjust the current formula in Column BV (Revised Fig) so that the calculation is only performed on figures in column AO (RTG) based on the criteria in Column BX (Race ID). The way it is currently set up is that it is performing the calculation on all figures in Column AO (RTG) and thats not what i am after.

So basically in BV2:BV8 it should be revising the figures of AO2:AO8 from 14 through to 1 because BX2:BX8 is RACE ID *1.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated?

1599539063952.png

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.
This is pretty similar to a problem you posted yesterday with the same title...

Did you have any luck with that one? The solution should be pretty much the same

Upvote 0
@ExcelRaceRatings
I suggest that you update your Account details (click your user name at the top right of the forum) so helpers always know what Excel version(s) & platform(s) you are using as the best solution often varies by version. (Don’t forget to scroll down & ‘Save’)

Upvote 0
I tried it out but couldn't seem to get a positive.

This is a slightly different spreadsheet but the same principles apply within the formula. This is what happens when i tried your solution. Unless i have misunderstood?

1599547132431.png

Upvote 0
Thanks for updating your profile. (y)
Now can you provide that sample data with XL2BB to make it easier for helpers by not having to manually type out sample data to test with?

It might also help if you could explain in words what the formula is supposed to do.

What would be the correct expected results (calculated manually) for say cells BV2:BV4 if we can implement the change you want?

Upvote 0
I tried it out but couldn't seem to get a positive.

This is a slightly different spreadsheet but the same principles apply within the formula. This is what happens when i tried your solution. Unless i have misunderstood?

View attachment 21926
I think you're missing a couple of closed parentheses; check that you've introduced a new one to close out each of the new IF statements properly.

In your original formula you have: CEILING((AO2-MIN(...))/...
In the new one you have: CEILING((AO2-MIN(IF(...))/...

There are still only two closed parentheses at the end of the second one, despite you introducing the IF function.

Upvote 0
The above worked really well but adding the array has slowed my spreadsheet to an absolute walk and barely useable.

Any ideas about how to get around this without the array @NiMip ?

Upvote 0
The above worked really well but adding the array has slowed my spreadsheet to an absolute walk and barely useable.

Any ideas about how to get around this without the array @NiMip ?
Oh yeah arrays can be a bit heavy if you have lots of data :/ I have one other idea... I'll have a play and get back to you

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kristinh

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back