=IF(ISNA(INDEX....

Bedford

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
I've used this formula to return a result in other workbooks, for some strange reason I can't get it to work in this new workbook, can't see what I'm missing?

=IF(ISNA(INDEX('CONSUMER DATA'!$AK$5:$AK$1654,MATCH(AZ3,'CONSUMER DATA'!$T$5:$T$1654,0))),"",INDEX('CONSUMER DATA'!$AK$5:$AK$1654,MATCH(AZ3,'CONSUMER DATA'!$T$5:$T$1654,0)))

Anyone can help.
Thank you.

In that case in Options, advanced scroll down to "Display options for this worksheet" is the checkbox by "Show a zero in cells..." checked?
It wasn't checked off, so I checked it and it showed zero.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.
That probably means that the cell in col AK is either empty or contains 0 for the row that was matched.

Upvote 0
That probably means that the cell in col AK is either empty or contains 0 for the row that was matched.
I now remember what I did, sorry for the goose chase. In the destination cell, BH38, the formula looks for only the first item in column AK that is based on this part of the formula; MATCH(AZ3,'CONSUMER DATA'!$T$5:$T$1654,0)). So if there are more than one row that contains a match to AZ3, it only picks up and inserts the first match, if the entry is in a second, third or otherwise row below, it won't pick it up, not sure why that is, but that's how this formula works. In this case, there are 5 rows with the same data entered in column "T" which is what AZ3 is looking for, it seems to only pick up the first row, and no other? But my immediate problem is solved, and I really appreciate the time and help.

Upvote 0
Glad it's sorted & thanks for the feedback.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandlaMan

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back