IF statements applied to conditional formatting?

LeeRoyJenkins

Hello! I saw a thread wherein someone asked how to apply conditional formatting using an IF statement (http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/excel-questions/348416-conditional-formatting-if-statement.html). I wonder if I could create an IF statement wherein the True portion looks to see if a cell has conditional formatting applied already.

I have conditional formatting in my C-column so that, if specific numbers are typed in, those cells will be highlighted yellow. What I would like to do, is apply a conditional rule to the rest of the row so that, when the C-column is highlighted yellow, then the rest of the row would highlight itself as well. ALSO - I have the D-column set up with an IF statement so that the cells search what the C-column number is and pulls up The name associated with the number and auto-fills the D-cell with the name (the names are on a second Worksheet of the same Book). Can I put two IF statements in the same cell?

Are these things possible? Does this need clarification? I am running Excel 2007.

Thanks for your help and expertise!

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jgp19

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back