IF/THEN when pointint cell contains an existing formula

Roo007

cell a1 ...1
cell a 2 ...=a1+1
cell a 3 ...=a2+1
cell a 4 ...=a3+1
cell a 5 ...=a4+1

in cell b1 ... I want the results of IF cell A5 equals 5 then return a 1, if not then +1 the number like above.

Im trying to loop 1-5 in each column based on the last cells info.

Can you assist?

Excel Facts

Workdays for a market open Mon, Wed, Friday?
Yes! Use "0101011" for the weekend argument in NETWORKDAYS.INTL or WORKDAY.INTL. The 7 digits start on Monday. 1 means it is a weekend.
Cross-posted here: IF/THEN when pointing cell contains an existing formula

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.

Upvote 0
Cross-posted here: IF/THEN when pointing cell contains an existing formula

While we do allow Cross-Posting on this site, we do ask that you please mention you are doing so and provide links in each of the threads pointing to the other thread (see rule 13 here along with the explanation: Forum Rules). This way, other members can see what has already been done in regards to a question, and do not waste time working on a question that may already be answered.
What do you mean by "cross-posting"? I only posted once on this site.

Upvote 0
Is this what you mean?

B1: =MOD(ROWS(B$1:B1)-1,5)+1 (copy down)
Thank you very much! What if A5's number is a 3 or 4, Then B1, etc. would need to advance accordingly.???

If I'm not suppose to msg you, then I apologize in advance, & you probably shouldn't answer my question. I don't wan't to be in trouble.

Upvote 0
I don't wan't to be in trouble.

Your're not. Joe4 was just bringing to your attention the Forum rules. As Joe4 indicated, here's why cross-posting (i.e. to another forum) can be a problem. Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters.

We just ask that when you cross-post, you include the link(s) to those other Forums. That way people can check if you already have an answer, before they spend time on your problem.

I'm still not clear what you are asking. Can you please post a screenshot to illustrate, using the XL2BB add-in which you can download here: XL2BB - Excel Range to BBCode

This allows others to copy your workbook and formulae, e.g. click on the clipboard icon below, and you paste this screenshot directly into your spreadsheet. Much better than a description or a picture.

AB
Sheet1
Cell Formulas
RangeFormula
B1:B15B1=MOD(ROWS(B$1:B1)-1,5)+1

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back