im back! Countif with 3 criteria.

jaxisdex

Hey guys, im stuck once more. i know i know, huge surprise! im trying to do a count of cells that fall within in a certain range while having the correct status. Ex:

TypeOrder Amt
A$210
B$500
C$700
D$579
A$600
C$100
D$999
A$175

<tbody>
</tbody>

So I have been trying to come up with some way to count the amount of orders that fall within a range while having the correct status. If it is a type A C or D and falls within $0-$299 then type A C or D within $300-$499 and so on and so on. it is always types A C or D but they need to be grouped as one.
=SUMPRODUCT(('All FP Data'!S:S>=Legend!L5)*('All FP Data'!S:S<=Legend!M5)) the legendL5=0 while LegendM5=299. I couldnt figure out how to add an if statement to accomplish this. If anyone could lend me a hand again i would and am really appreciative or your guys skills! If this is an ineffective way, please feel free to call me an idiot and tell me how to do it better! but it has to be a function formula, no VBA. This is a report that is updated weekly so im looking for a way to auto update.

Please and thank you,
Jaxs

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
=SUMPRODUCT(('All FP Data'!S2:S9>=L5)*('All FP Data'!S2:S9<=M5)*(('All FP Data'!R2:R9="A")+('All FP Data'!R2:R9="C")+('All FP Data'!R2:R9="D")))

Hey guys, im stuck once more. i know i know, huge surprise! im trying to do a count of cells that fall within in a certain range while having the correct status. Ex:

TypeOrder Amt
A$210
B$500
C$700
D$579
A$600
C$100
D$999
A$175

<tbody>
</tbody>

So I have been trying to come up with some way to count the amount of orders that fall within a range while having the correct status. If it is a type A C or D and falls within $0-$299 then type A C or D within $300-$499 and so on and so on. it is always types A C or D but they need to be grouped as one.
=SUMPRODUCT(('All FP Data'!S:S>=Legend!L5)*('All FP Data'!S:S<=Legend!M5)) the legendL5=0 while LegendM5=299. I couldnt figure out how to add an if statement to accomplish this. If anyone could lend me a hand again i would and am really appreciative or your guys skills! If this is an ineffective way, please feel free to call me an idiot and tell me how to do it better! but it has to be a function formula, no VBA. This is a report that is updated weekly so im looking for a way to auto update.

Please and thank you,
Jaxs

Upvote 0
Hmm that keeps coming up with 0. this is how i ended up writing it:

=SUMPRODUCT('All FP Data'!S2:S2066>=Legend!L2)*('All FP Data'!S2:S2066<=Legend!M2)*(('All FP Data'!R2:R2066="B")+('All FP Data'!R2:R2066="C")+('All FP Data'!R2:R2066="G")+('All FP Data'!R2:R2066="J")+('All FP Data'!R2:R2066="N"))

thank you for trying tho!

Upvote 0
=COUNTIFS('All FP Data'!S:S,">=1",'All FP Data'!S:S,"<=299.99",'All FP Data'!R:R,"=B") and so on for each letter and range.

never mind, i ended up just creating a separate countif for all of the 5 different status, then just did a sum function to add them up. Thank you for helping me figure out how to write the criteria!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaagu

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back