Implementing slicers to apply 'OR' criteria instead of 'AND'

v_oneill

I'm creating a PowerPivot (2010) for teams in my org to use that will show them their complete portfolio of investments. There are multiple ways a team can be associated with an investment (i.e. funding, managing, supporting). I would like to use slicers to allow users to specify which combination of teams and roles define the portfolio they're interested in. So there would be one slicer per investment role and the user could select records where their team was the funding team OR the managing team OR the supporting team. Obviously selecting values from multiple slicers, by default, applies these selections as 'AND' criteria. My question, is there a way to change that behavior to apply the slicer selections as OR criteria or to use selected slicer values in combination with DAX formulas to replicate OR functionality? Thanks.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
See Turning “OR” Slicers Into “AND” Slicers « PowerPivotPro. I think that you are somewhat confused on the logic of slicers.

Thanks for your response. Sorry, I'm not being clear about the situation. In my dataset, there is one record per investment and separate fields for 'Funding Team', 'Managing Team' and 'Supporting Team'. For a given investment these fields may or may not have the same value. The pivot table I've created has one record per investment for the entire organization and there are 3 separate slicers, one each for Funding Team, Managing Team and Supporting Team. I want users to be able to make selections that would filter the pivot to investments where their team is the Funding Team OR the Managing Team OR the Supporting Team. I understand that within a single slicer, selections are 'OR', but selections across multiple slicers are applied as 'AND' criteria. I considered creating a lookup of teams and team roles and having slicers on those, but the taxonomies used to populate these three fields aren't the same, so it doesn't work.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back