Importing from Access to Excel

WxShady13

Board Regular
I have connected my Access DB to an Excel file and all works perfectly except it does not bring in my 2nd column. It uses my first column as the default numbering format (ex. 1,2,3,etc) and then skips the 2nd and all others are correct. How can I get it to pull in the columns just like in the Access DB?

ParentID should be a name, ID should be the ParentID

Last edited:

Some videos you may like

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.

Micron

Office Version
Platform
Windows
If by "connected" you mean you imported a sheet into Access as a linked table, then I have no idea as I've never seen that, although I can't recall if I've ever done that where a sheet had any hidden columns. If "connected" means something else, state how because I think that will be important.

WxShady13

Board Regular
Yes I imported it and on the DB form the field is not hidden. The only thing I can think of is that the field is a drop down in Access so I didn't know if that would cause it not to pull in.

Micron

Office Version
Platform
Windows

ADVERTISEMENT

I mentioned that the sheet column might be hidden, not something on a form.
Now I suspect that your combo is based on a table field where you have made that field a lookup field in the table itself. AFAIK, you cannot import into a lookup field in a table. Just one of several reasons why experienced developers don't use them. Or the field in question is a multi value field, in which case the same comment applies.

WxShady13

Board Regular
Thank you for the information. I just imported the Payment table and the Parent Info table and did a vlookup to resolve the ParentID. It will work for what I need and build an easier front end for the clerk. Again I am very grateful for your time and information.

Subscribe on YouTube

Watch MrExcel Video

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcianoPL

This Week's Hot Topics

• Turn fraction around
    Hello I need to turn a fraction around, for example I have 1/3 but I need to present as 3/1
  • TIme Clock record reformatting to ???
    Hello All, I'd like some help formatting this (Tbl-A)(Loaded via Power Query) [ATTACH type="full" width="511px" alt="PQdata.png"]22252[/ATTACH]...
  • TextBox Match
    hi, I am having a few issues with my code below, what I need it to do is when they enter a value in textbox8 (QTY) either 1,2 or 3 the 3 textboxes...
  • Using Large function based on Multiple Criteria
    Hello, I can't seem to get a Large formula to work based on two criteria's. I can easily get a oldest value based one value, but I'm struggling...
  • Can you check my code please
    Hi, Im going round in circles with a Compil Error End With Without With Here is the code [CODE=rich] Private Sub...
  • Combining 2 pivot tables into 1 chart
    Hello everyone, My question sounds simple but I do not know the answer. I have 2 pivot tables and 2 charts that go with this. However I want to...