INDEX AGGREGATE issue finding first instances with conditions

ollyhughes1982

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. MacOS
Hi all,

Would anyone please be able to help with calculations in my ‘All Completed Runs - C EC C’ worksheet, please?

The definition of what is needed here is: ‘Run in X or more countries’ - So, I need to list the countries (in order of date completed - earliest first) and the relevant first event for that country, as well as the relevant date and time achieved.

I have populated (in yellow) what the results should be.

I thought I previously had this working, with the INDEX / AGGREGATE formulas that are present, but they are now not working (except for the first two). Each country should be unique.

Link to file here: parkrun - My parkrun Record - WORKING 2 - Reduced.xlsx

Thanks in advance!

Also posted on Excel Forum: INDEX AGGREGATE issue finding first instances with conditions

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.
Pretty sure I've already helped you with a formula to get the unique countries. You can use that & then a simple vlookup to get the rest of the info.

Upvote 0
I know, I’ve been struggling to work it out for the past hour or so. Just can’t seem to get it to work, sure it was working previously. Just keep getting errors.

Upvote 0
The formula I showed you used unique & filter.

Upvote 0
=UNIQUE(FILTER('All Completed Runs'!D3:D2002,'All Completed Runs'!D3:D2002<>"")). Will this give them in date order? I don't think I can use vlookup as the event column which I need is to the left of the country column

Upvote 0
If you data is still in date order, then yes.
If you can't use vlookup, then use either index/match or better yet, the new Xlookup.

Upvote 0
Have a look through your threads, I'm pretty sure I've given you a formula using it before.
Alternatively have a look at exceljet.net they have examples of most functions & how to use them.

Upvote 0
Great. Thanks. When doing the unique filter, what’s the way to stop it at a certain amount please? Is it a sequence function that needs to go in somewhere?

Upvote 0
If you need to list all the countries you've run in, then why do you need to limit it?

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacob_mcbride

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back