ceecee88

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 365
  2. 2013
Platform
  1. Windows
Need a little help please,
Why doesn't this work in Excel 2013? I have the same formula in 365 and it work fine, How do I adjust it for Excel 2013, please?
Basically if I typed in apple in Col B Sheet name New List (another sheet), Column D in this sheet should return all value with the word "Apple" (like example in Col E).

Thank you so much for your help.

Result from Excel 2013
1662030085088.png

Result from 365
1662030328313.png

Excel Facts

Can you sort left to right?
To sort left-to-right, use the Sort dialog box. Click Options. Choose "Sort left to right"
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I've read that INDEX was updated in O365 to work a little differently. In order for it to function as it used to, you put an "@" sign in front if it.

so INDEX would become @Index (ah, sorry this is vice versa I just realised.. the @Index would make index perform as it used to from 2013, when you are using 365.

I am guessing your 365 implementation is therefore not understood by 2013.. which you know I know - but I suspect its in this INDEX issue

Rob

Upvote 0
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the reason, but I've read that INDEX was updated in O365 to work a little differently. In order for it to function as it used to, you put an "@" sign in front if it.

so INDEX would become @Index

Maybe worth a shot ?
Rob
Hi, thank you, I tried it didn't work. I'm thinking the search part has a problem but still can't figure out the solution (it is easier if the value is in the same sheet but in this case it is on the difference sheet). Still trying ^^

Upvote 0
yeah, sorry, I updated my original comment above after realising I was back to front..

Upvote 0
INDEX is an Array formula in O365, but it wasnt in 2013 I believe ..

Upvote 0
yeah, sorry, I updated my original comment above after realising I was back to front..
I ran the evaluate formula and found the problem in the search part that give difference result on 2013 than 365, but can't figure out how to adjust it yet. T_T

Upvote 0
might be useful if you were to actually post the formula here using the XLS wrapper above, so people could look at it for you, rather than at a picture ?

Upvote 0
INDEX is an Array formula in O365, but it wasnt in 2013 I believe ..
365 seems to implicitly interpret anything as an array formula that can be interpreted as an array formula. INDEX is not always an array formula but can be in 365 depending on what arguments you give it. However, this overall formula is explicitly entered as an array formula in both cases so that issue should not make a difference.

Upvote 0
might be useful if you were to actually post the formula here using the XLS wrapper above, so people could look at it for you, rather than at a picture ?
not sure how to upload the sheet, sorry. I tried but can't upload the mini sheet.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mytux

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back