Index Match query

Status
Not open for further replies.

palaeontology

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Every week, I receive a spreadsheet of school sporting fixtures from an organising body, for example ...

excel query a.JPG

I currently have a different spreadsheet that uses index/match to draw relevant information from Touch Football to create a 'Fixtures Information Sheet for Parents' ...

excel query b.JPG

In the image I showed of the original spreadsheet (the one I receive from the organising body), the location of the touch football information currently lies in the range A21:H38, however, from week to week, it won't always be in that range, nor will it always be the same number of rows (for example, next week it might be in the range A16:H45), so my current index/match formulae won't always read correctly.

I have no control over the structure and cell-labelling of the spreadsheet given to me by the organising body, so I can't adjust things to suit my needs without weekly effort, and I'm trying to set this up so it creates my 'Fixtures Information Sheet for Parents' automatically with no weekly re-visit.

To my query ... with the position of the Touch Football information in the 'organising body spreadsheet' likely to change from week to week, is there a way I can accurately extract the information I need ?

Kind regards,

Chris

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motoracer88

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back