Inserting Hyperlink into body of email sent from excel

pyrrhicvictori

Hi all, I have tried searching threads and I am still struggling to find an answer that works for me, so I am hoping that you can help.

I have a complicated workbook that is used for event planning purposes. The template is saved to various project folders before use- the project folders are always different by necessity.

Once the PM completes the account team contact information on the Home Tab, I have a button that emails each account team member (listed on the home tab) and tells them the current location of the workbook so they can all contribute. I cannot find a way that inserts a hyperlink of the current save location.

To get the current save location path in the email, I have done the following:
On the "HOME" tab, in cell C55 I have inserted the following formula: =LEFT(CELL("filename"),FIND("[",CELL("filename"),1)-1). This provides the save location of the individual form.
This cell is not hyperlinked (I haven't figured out how)

In the body of the email, I simply refer to that cell to pull the file path over. EMAIL Code:

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()

Dim OutApp As Object
Dim OutMail As Object
Dim strbody As String
Set OutApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application")
Set OutMail = OutApp.CreateItem(0)

strbody = "Hi," & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"We are ready to begin work on this event." & vbNewLine & _
"I will update the event details as I receive them. Please refer to this form for your event information." & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _
"Scheduling: Could you please complete the Feedback Schedule located at:" & vbNewLine & _

Worksheets("Home").Range("C55") & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _ '<---- this is the line that inserts the file path (additional line space added to call this out for this forum, not in original)

"Thank you," & vbNewLine & _
Application.UserName

On Error Resume Next

With OutMail
.To = Worksheets("Home").Range("C26") & ";" & Worksheets("Home").Range("C30") & ";" & Worksheets("Home").Range("C34") & ";" & Worksheets("Home").Range("I8") & ";" & Worksheets("Home").Range("C38")
.cc = Worksheets("Home").Range("C42") & ";" & Worksheets("Home").Range("C46")
.BCC = ""
.Subject = "Link to EPS for " & Worksheets("Home").Range("C4") & " " & Worksheets("Home").Range("C7")
.Body = strbody
.Display

End With
On Error GoTo 0
Set OutMail = Nothing
Set OutApp = Nothing

End Sub

The email works great- no problems there. I am just wondering if there is a way to make this line from the strBody come through as a hyperlink to the save location: Worksheets("Home").Range("C55") & vbNewLine & vbNewLine & _

I thank you in advance for any and all help and/or ideas you can provide.

pv

hi

the code wont post in its original format as its HTML, i have been told you need to do an advanced reply to post HTML.

Paul

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Spell Check in Excel
Press F7 to start spell check in Excel. Be careful, by default, Excel does not check Capitalized Werds (whoops)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Son Raphon

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back