Invalid Call or Procedure... Sporadic Happenings!

JonnyBT123

Good morning all!
I’m after a bit of advice, as my issue is one I’ve neverexperienced until recently, and one that has personally never happened to me,but instead around 20% of my colleagues. I’ll explain below, but won’t post thevba unless necessary as it’s very long, and there’s no debug option that tellsanyone where the error is:
I have an emailer that goes out to my colleagues nationwide,asking them to complete orders they’ve requested, and the mailer creates theirown workbook, titled NAME – ORDER COMPLETIONS – DDMMYY (where DDMMYY is thedate the emailer’s ran) and also the sheet name is renamed to their name.
Emails with their personalised workbooks attached are sentout weekly, and contain the details of their order(s) and a tick box to mark ascomplete or leave blank for uncomplete. They then press a submit button which copiesthe order numbers they’ve ticked to complete and pings it back to me in anemail automatically.
It’s a process that every time I’ve tested it on myself andwith a select few colleagues in my office, works a treat, no issues whatsoever,however, around 1/5 of these colleagues come back to me with “I just get ‘InvalidProcedure or Argument’” or “Bad File Name” however when I open their workbook(which I save in a sharepoint site when sending out) and replicate the ones they wish to complete,I never have an issue.

Sorry it’s long winded, and I hope I’ve drawn up thescenario well.
Open for further interrogation to hopefully find a solutionto this issue which is letting me down so much! Thanks to all helpful comments in advance.

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Is it sporadic for the people it happens to or does it always happen to them whilst others always have success? If so then check the excel versions. Probably something to do with that id imagine.

Upvote 0
Is it sporadic for the people it happens to or does it always happen to them whilst others always have success? If so then check the excel versions. Probably something to do with that id imagine.

Thanks for the prompt reply Steve!
It's sporadic to who and when it happens. One week, colleague A will have this issue, then the following two week, s/he has no issue, then the following week it's fine again.
There are quite a load of instances where someone has had 0 success during the last 10 weeks it's been in use though.

If it's version related like you've suggested, then I guess there isn't too much I can do, but it puts my mind at rest that my vba isn't dodgy!

Thanks again for the fast reply :)

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jest

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back