invitation to become a member of DRAFT

Well Nate's a... resourceful guy.
And in this day & age, nothing's impossible.
- Not to mention, if he does put one up just saying it's you, you'll have to put one up of
yourself to prove his isn't! :devilish:

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
Hey!

Nice to see some other faces around here! It certainly does make it feel more comfortable. Not that I have a problem with avatars, mind you... that can sometimes be a more thorough expression of your personality than an image of your face. Avatars that change frequently confuse me though, 'cause I identify the post by the avatar, heh. For us ladies in particular, showing the real face online can be a scary thing, because standard reaction is either "omg hag" or "OOH **** SEXIFIED", neither of which is a desired response. I like that it feels safe enough here to not have to worry about that.

And thanks muchly to erik.van.geit for the invitation!

:LOL: Well a lot of us are known on this board by people we also know professionaly. Therefore a certain amount of common sense is in order ;)

Edit: But if you want to tell me "OMG U R Teh Hawte!!1!"... It's ok, I understand. I have come to accept it as what happens when people are in my "Awsum Presents".

Hi, Welcome to DRAFT, Teleute !!
For us ladies in particular, showing the real face online can be a scary thing, because standard reaction is either ...
to my sense what people tell about us, could change our thoughts about ourselves, but it does not influence in any way who we really ARE
Those are not easy-spoken-words: the last 7 months some people told I'm mad and other stuff of the kind: they even wrote it on an official paper to get rid of me. They didn't succeed to change the fact that I'm NOT mad.

enjoy the BOARD :biggrin:
and have a nice last-day-of-the-year
Erik

...It certainly does make it feel more comfortable. ...
-teleute

Glad to hear that Oorang's avatar didn't give you such a case of the willies as to frighten you away.

... I like that it feels safe enough here to not have to worry about that....And thanks muchly to erik.van.geit for the invitation!
-teleute

Correct, it is an invitation; not a requirement. We are always pleased when someone feels comfortable enough here to post a DRAFT avatar, but we also don't want anyone to feel pressured into it (well, except Pookie. We relentlessly pressure Kristy. We know it's futile, but we live in hope.)

...For us ladies in particular, showing the real face online can be a scary thing, because standard reaction is either "omg hag" or "OOH **** SEXIFIED", neither of which is a desired response.
-teleute

I'm sure that probably is the case in most forums. But if you hang here very much, you'll find that it's more of a meritocracy. The sexiest avatar in the world won't boost our opinion of you if you post some horrendous VBA or crapola formulae. Likewise, Erik's and Schollar's MVP status is proof that your mug can never be so shockingly appalling that good work can't overcome it. :LOL:

Likewise, Erik's and Scholler's MVP status is proof that your mug can never be so shockingly appalling that good work can't overcome it. :LOL:

I have a blown up image of Greg in my study that scares my kids half to death - I tell 'em it's what the Boogieman looks like :devilish:

EDIT: and stop intentionally spelling my name wrong Trudy!

and stop intentionally spelling my name wrong Trudy!

Oy! Dicky! This is a case of double standards! How is it that you always spell my name? :x Considering - I think Dicky is very fitting! :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
malcolmlyle

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back