Is there a way to quickly compare ranges of dates to count how many dates from one dataset fall within 2 weeks of another data set?

Carterland

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hey all,

Driving myself mad here, I can't think of any easy way to do this or if it's even possible at all.

Basically for each 'person' I have a list of dates where something was received or requested from them. I then have a list of dates that the 'person' contacted us. What I want to do is count how many times the dates received/requested were within 2 weeks either side of the calls. The issue is there's multiple dates for received, requested and calls. Doing it individually would take forever and wouldn't actually be worth the time involved. Any ideas? I've done the exact matches already easy enough with a count/match combination.

I'm running Office 365 64bit

I can't seem to attach a file, I'm unable to install addons due to company restrictions, is there a way to upload an example sheet? :)

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
Images may help for now :)

Attachments

• EXAMPLE 1.PNG
    EXAMPLE 1.PNG
    85 KB · Views: 6
  • EXAMPLE 2.PNG
    EXAMPLE 2.PNG
    88.3 KB · Views: 6
  • EXAMPLE 3.PNG
    EXAMPLE 3.PNG
    89.2 KB · Views: 6
  • EXAMPLE 4.PNG
    EXAMPLE 4.PNG
    41.6 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
Hey all,

Driving myself mad here, I can't think of any easy way to do this or if it's even possible at all.

Basically for each 'person' I have a list of dates where something was received or requested from them. I then have a list of dates that the 'person' contacted us. What I want to do is count how many times the dates received/requested were within 2 weeks either side of the calls. The issue is there's multiple dates for received, requested and calls. Doing it individually would take forever and wouldn't actually be worth the time involved. Any ideas? I've done the exact matches already easy enough with a count/match combination.

I'm running Office 365 64bit

I can't seem to attach a file, I'm unable to install addons due to company restrictions, is there a way to upload an example sheet? :)
You can use other methods to share your document: Dropbox, Google Docs etc. The image format must be copied manually / converted, that's why it becomes not a very efficient tool to work with.

Upvote 0
You can use other methods to share your document: Dropbox, Google Docs etc. The image format must be copied manually / converted, that's why it becomes not a very efficient tool to work with.
Appreciate the advice, sheet link now added to OP.

Thanks again

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back