Is there any other way to convert xlsb. to xlsx. file

Sinh Le

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, I am currently using VBA to convert about 100 "xlsb." files into "xlsx.". The problem with my method is that it takes too long to run through those 100 files as the code needs to open each file to save it as the latter one.
Hence, I would like to know if there is any reliable to convert those files into xlsx. (Using software, websites, Excel add-ins, etc.)

Any suggestion would be very much appreciated.

Excel Facts

What is =ROMAN(40) in Excel?
The Roman numeral for 40 is XL. Bill "MrExcel" Jelen's 40th book was called MrExcel XL.
What is the purpose of converting these flies? I tried to convert them using Power Automate but I never had any success and haven't found documentation. I ended up utilizing the .xlsb files and running an Office Script macro to convert the formatting of files so that Power Query can read the format

Upvote 0
What is the purpose of converting these flies? I tried to convert them using Power Automate but I never had any success and haven't found documentation. I ended up utilizing the .xlsb files and running an Office Script macro to convert the formatting of files so that Power Query can read the format
Hi, thank you for the response!

The task is for Power Query to open and read those files. I've even tried to clean the files before running it in VBA but an hour to run those files through the code would freeze my laptop from doing other tasks on Excel (except I can run it on a separate desktop though).

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ikke

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back