Last Date after a Slicer Selected Date

one3nine0

Board Regular
I have a table that has a list of publications, their publishing dates, and their end dates. The end dates being the last date before the publication republishes a new version (but the name of the publication stays the same). Table is named Tracker

I also have a table where a slicer is created to select a range of dates. Table is named Matrix

The tables are related to each other, and the new pivot table I created is connected to the slicer.

What I want to achieve is for the pivot table to display the most recent publication date of each publication, but only if the end date of that years publication is greater than or equal to the minimum or first date in the range of dates selected by the slicer.

The measure I tried was: CALCULATE(LASTDATE(Tracker[Pub Date]), FILTER(Tracker, Tracker[End Date]>=FIRSTDATE(Matrix[Reporting Month])))

But it dawned on me that you cannot Calculate the LastDate function.

Is there another way to pull what I need through powerpivot without needing to create another table? Is there something I can do to change the measure so that it works correctly?

Any information would be extremely helpful

Excel Facts

Create a chart in one keystroke
Select the data and press Alt+F1 to insert a default chart. You can change the default chart to any chart type
It's a bit hard to understand fully, but I suspect there is a dates "issue" here. As I can imagine your tables, each publication has a single date on which it is published, but I assume that your date slicer has lots of dates. Let's take a simple example - if you only have 1 publication and it was published on 1/1/2014 and its last day was 31/12/2014. Then a new version launched on 1/1/2015 and is still current. Now if your date table connects the the launch date and you filter on Jan 2014, you will see your book. But if you filter on Feb 2014, you will see nothing.

Have a read of this blog post I wrote some time ago - it might help confirm if this is the problem or not.
Fill Table with Last Survey Result -

also, you can wrap CALCULATE around any formula at all, including Lastdate.

Upvote 0
Your blog does answer a few of my questions. I think the problem was that the table with the dates I was using for my slicer was related to my table with my publishing and ending dates, so it would pull all the entries, rather than filter out by the dates selected.

I find that if I make a disconnected date table slicer that it works as expected.

Thanks for the help.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aides

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back