Learning Excel through books?

IllusionsandDreams

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I am very interested in learning Excel, however I am a complete beginner. I am very much someone who learns more through guided text than video style courses. I tried a couple Excel video courses anyway and was not enjoying the learning process. I still admired the software watching those videos. I am wondering if there are any in depth Excel textbooks suited for beginners or other resources based on guided text rather than the video format. Thank you for you time.

Christian.

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
In my personal opinion learning anything via text is twice as hard than learning it via video formats, that's my two cents.
This a good website if you're interested in text format learning, I don't know any books though.

Upvote 0
Welcome to Mr. Excel!
A non-book recommendation. A YouTube channel called ExcelIsFun has some GREAT playlists of entire college level classes and tutorials on all aspects of Excel including one just updated called
Microsoft 365 Excel Complete Class: free from excelisfun at YouTube - 365 MECS. The thing I love about this channel is aside from Mike being an outstanding instructor, is that every lesson is accompanied by start and finished Workbook examples making it really easy to follow the lessons and see not only your results, but also what was taught as the result. Many of the playlists are actual college courses he teaches like this one which is the 365 MECS in the playlist name.
Thanks for including the version of Excel you're using - it helps get better answers to questions, and be sure to install the XL2BB Add-in and use it to post data. It will speed up responses to your questions (screenshots are very difficult to transcribe!).
Good luck, and remember you always can get help here!

Upvote 0
Learning by doing advice. Hanging around Excel fora, trying to solve questions of someone else. First you will be looking to other solutions, from which you can learn if you dive into these. Later you will solve them yourself. This is, in my opinion, the best and most fun way of learning advanced Excel.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ripvw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back