Linked Data Validation - Independent

sn281

Hi all,

Thanks for reading and hopefully helping!

I have a slightly weird question and have been searching for hours for an answer, and so far, no such luck.

I would like to be able to have two drop down lists that link by a formula, so that if a person wants to select either way, it will automatically select the other.

To make this clearer I'll explain my specific issue. Some people prefer to select stores by their unique number, or by their name. I have a list of all the stores and their unique store numbers.

For example if I have 4 stores, W, X, Y and Z. I have a dropdown that is conditional of the store (ie. if store X is selected they can only select stores X1, X2, X3 etc.)

But if some people do not want to use the store code (e.g. X1) but they want to select 'Store X, ADDRESS, POSTCODE', is there a way where I can have two dropdown lists that feed into each other, so that each person can select either and the other updates.

E.g. Someone may select 'Store X, Add., Post.' and then the store number will look up and retrieve the value for this, X3 for example. But if someone wants to select the other way round it will still work???

At the moment I have it set up so they select the store number and a VLOOOKUP will retrieve the store address etc. However this requires those that prefer using location to have to look up the store to retrieve the unique number. The way the sheet works is through this unique number so I have to have this, and it would be ideal if I could just add in another dropdown that is linked to the other.

I would appreciate any help! :)

Thank you so much in advance,

sn281

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chandan4057

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back