Linked Workbooks + Password Protect

babyhime4

The Skinny:
I am trying to put together a budget planner for my company where each division has the option to give a part of their allotment to each other. I need each division's workbook to have the latest update from the others:

Division1 - gives $500 to both Division2 and Division3
Division2 - gives $200 to Division1

So when each division opens their workbook they will see how much more or less their budget has changed.

The Problem:
I have Division workbooks linked to a Master workbook. A Division "talks" to the Master, then the Master turns around and updates all the Divisions. Problem is, I get #VALUE! errors for every link UNLESS I physically open each workbook. Added twist - they all need to be password protected.

The Question(s):
Am I able to do what needs to be done in the described scenario with as little as possible or no use of VBA at all? Any suggestions?

Excel Facts

VLOOKUP to Left?
Use =VLOOKUP(A2,CHOOSE({1,2},$Z$1:$Z$99,$Y$1:$Y$99),2,False) to lookup Y values to left of Z values.
What formula is giving the error?
Some formulas dont work to closed workbooks, I suspect the one your using is one of them. If you post it I'l suggest something else in it's place.

Upvote 0
Thank you papa smurf but I no longer need this workbook. The end users decided it would be best to keep things as simple as possible so linked workbooks was taken off the table. Have a great one!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DET4492

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back