Linking Cell value to text box per row dynamically

Asaf345

Hi

I have a problem I'm trying to solve for quite some time. solving it will help me a lot, saving much time.
I'll try to describe it to a simple use case and if there a solution is found i'll be able to use the principle for the more complex need.

Here it goes,

I have a table with two columns. In Cell A1 there is a numeric value and in cell B1 there is a text box.
To link the text box in B1 to A1 value the text box is selected , then I'm selecting the formula bar and enter e.g. "=A1"

Then I want to duplicate row 1 to row 2 to 100 (with the text box) and would like that the value in the text boxes on B2 to B100 will get the adjacent values (A2 to B2, A3 to B3, etc.)
However, when doing this replication and changing the values in A2:A100 the new text boxes in B2, B3...B100 are still linked to the value in A1 (instead of A2 , A3, A4 etc.)

Maybe Excel does not support that and maybe it is and there is a certain way to do it which I'm not aware of yet :)

anyway, any assistance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Asaf

Excel Facts

Enter current date or time
Ctrl+: enters current time. Ctrl+; enters current date. Use Ctrl+: Ctrl+; Enter for current date & time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
snoom82

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back