Linking Multiple Files/Multiple Sheets

dabrot791

Hello!
First time posting here, though have come often searching for help.
This time I couldn't find it just using the search engine.

I hope someone can help.

I have one master excel spreadsheet displaying jobs daily. Every day has a new tab. I have 5 other files that are distributed to managers of different teams who will then input the number of workers daily and then email me the data. Every day there is a new page for each of their files. I need to keep a cumulative total of all of this data, merged into one file, as well as the back data from previous days. One small catch, after I submit one day's data, it cannot be changed, so I need to "fix" the link from previous days, just in case someone messes with old data in one of the 5 sub files. Is this all possible in Excel? If so, how? (and am I making myself clear?)

Would appreciate any help on this!

Cheers

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Please help!

Hello!
First time posting here, though have come often searching for help.
This time I couldn't find it just using the search engine.

I hope someone can help.

I have one master excel spreadsheet displaying jobs daily. Every day has a new tab. I have 5 other files that are distributed to managers of different teams who will then input the number of workers daily and then email me the data. Every day there is a new page for each of their files. I need to keep a cumulative total of all of this data, merged into one file, as well as the back data from previous days. One small catch, after I submit one day's data, it cannot be changed, so I need to "fix" the link from previous days, just in case someone messes with old data in one of the 5 sub files. Is this all possible in Excel? If so, how? (and am I making myself clear?)

Would appreciate any help on this!

Cheers

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HypnoFant

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back