Linking Multiple Spinners

Ellias_Adelle

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,

Here is a doozy. I'm trying to create a spreadsheet that has 8 cells that hold numbers where each cell is controlled by a separate spinner (for simplicity sake we can use A1 through A8). I want the maximum value for each set to 99 and the minimum set to 1. I want a separate cell (B1) to have a separate number. Whenever any one of the spinners is clicked up I want B1 to go down by 1 and when any of them are clicked down I want B1 to go up by one (I still want the numbers to be added to, subtracted from, or changed by other means without changing B1). When that number equals 0 I want the spinners to not be able to click up anymore.
---------‐----------------
Practical application and visualization: If you are having a problem trying to understand what I'm trying to do and you have played role games such as Skyrim or D&D you can think of this as stat allocation. A1 through A8 are the character's stats. The character just leveled up and B1 is the number of points they can divide between their stats. As they add stats the number of stats to allocate goes down and when it reaches 0 they cannot add any more to their stats unless they subtract from their stats first.

I've been messing around with code for spinners, but I don't think I'm anywhere close to solving this one.

Excel Facts

Easy bullets in Excel
If you have a numeric keypad, press Alt+7 on numeric keypad to type a bullet in Excel.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
teemeren

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back