How to set up multiple drop down lists that are dependent on the selection in a single drop down list

Clouded

Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi All
I have been playing with this for a while with online tutorials but none give the answer to exactly what I want so am hoping you can help.

I have a reporting workbook with 13 worksheets (and one other worksheet called Lists where I have for the source drop down lists). On each of the 13 reporting worksheets I have a Clinic field and a Machine No field, the Clinic field contains the names of 15 individual Clinics in a column list that I have on the Lists worksheet.

Each Clinic has unique machine numbers allocated to it, some Clinics only have one (1) others have two(2) and a few have three(3) machine numbers. I have set up separate column lists with the name of the Clinic as the header for each list and the Machine No's for that Clinic listed in the relevant number of cells below the header. That is, there is one list with the 15 Clinic names in it and 15 separate Machine No lists - one for each Clinic name.

I would appreciate knowing how to set up dependencies on the basis that if the user selects Albany, for example, from a Clinic field drop down list on any of the 13 reporting worksheets, then when they click the drop down list on the Machine No field (directly below it) it will ONLY display the Machine No's listed for Albany.

Thank you in advance for help anyone can provide

Excel Facts

How can you automate Excel?
Press Alt+F11 from Windows Excel to open the Visual Basic for Applications (VBA) editor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mlckr

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back