Listing Tab Names

rizzingo

Hi,

I'm trying to make a contact list sheet for keeping track of which companies my coworkers have contacted for sponsorship. Each have their own tab to keep an updated list of who they've contacted, that makes it easy to see if anyone else has already contacted them.

We would like it to have one list that updates from column A in each tab, and then have the name of the originating tab in the next cell.

I've been researching, and the only formula I've found that sort of seems to do what I want is as follows, =RIGHT(CELL("filename",Dawn!A1),LEN(CELL("filename",Dawn!A1))-FIND("]",CELL("filename",Dawn!A1)))

But I'm assuming I have to manually enter it for each company.

Any suggestions would be appreciated

Excel Facts

How to find 2nd largest value in a column?
MAX finds the largest value. =LARGE(A:A,2) will find the second largest. =SMALL(A:A,3) will find the third smallest
Hold down ctrl and select the tabs (or shift to include all from first to last selected in order) to apply the formula to the same cell in each sheet

To list all the tab names use this:

Excel Worksheet name list

Last edited:
Upvote 0
@sheetspread

I think the OP was after a list of all the tab names to be generated in a sheet. Unless I'm mistaken, what you propose simply enables Group Mode, and I don't see how you propose to list the actual tab names using that feature.

@rizzingo

Welcome to the forum! Apologies, but it's not clear to me what you're trying to achieve. Your title infers that you want a list of tab names, but from your description it sounds as if you actually want some sort of mixture of the tab names plus actual data from those tabs. Can you please clarify? Even better, could you provide an example using some dummy data and outline clearly what you would like to see in this results tab?

Regards

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyarra

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back