Locking rows in excel between sheets

hfler

Board Regular
I have a very lengthy and, what I think is, a very complicated Excel question:

I'm working in Excel 2003, I'm looking at inventory depreciation forecasts between two different sheets. The two sheets are entitled '2002-Present' and 'Present-Forecast'. The reason I'm using two sheets is because I can't move beyond Column IV in Excel 2003, so I have to use another sheet in order to forecast far enough into the future.

I have the columns "Depr", "Accum Depr", and "Book" for EACH MONTH. So, I have those three columns for January 2009, February 2009, etc, all the way into the far future. All of my inventory entries are contained in the rows. The other columns I have associated with each inventory entry are "Cost", "Date Entered", and "Time to Depr", but those are only entered once (for the first date the entry is catalogued).

My problem, for now, is one-fold (though I might add to it later):

1) I need to be able to lock the depreciation data associated with each individual entry so that new entries can be added, but the old entries will still be properly aligned with the correct data. AND, I need to make sure that when a new entry is added to '2002-Present', it is also added to 'Present-Forecast'... Fairly complicated (at least for me).

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Excel Facts

Fastest way to copy a worksheet?
Hold down the Ctrl key while dragging tab for Sheet1 to the right. Excel will make a copy of the worksheet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nmaske

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back